Rotating sound

Partizan

im gay n proud luv my car
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Since my slips got jacked off my car, i bought some acura integra 14" steelies with 195/60/14 bridgestone potenza g009's on them.

Since i put them on, I can hear this rotating sound of the tires. Or at least i think it is the tires because when its in netural and im driving, i can still hear the sound. Its not really loud, but its still bothering me

When i installed the steelies, the tires and steelies all looked to be in good condition. Perhaps the fact that the thieves let my pasanger front side sit on the pavement could be the problem?

Or maybe it is just tire noise.. :?:

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
prolly tire noise. My winter tires sound like a damn jet engine.

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
could be a wheel bearing as suggested. I just recently replaced one of mine. Is it like a whirring noise?

Jack up the car, have someone press the throttle and see which wheel its coming from.

bmyers4321

timmy the testie rules!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tires=low deep sound. gets louder and more noticable the faster you go.
Wheel Bearing=more high pitch sound. consistent or same noise level at all speed.

more than likely it is your tires.

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
jack up the car and check for free play in the wheel without loading the suspension or steering, if it can move noticeably, then its the bearings. If there's no free play, then it's the tires.

Partizan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah it isnt a high pitched sound, and it varies with speed. So i guess it might be the tires then? If so, damn these tires are loud, at least compared to my previous two sets.

bmyers4321

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
since it varies with speed then im going to tell you tires. a friend actually has those same tires on his AE86 and loves them. but if your unhappy with the noise try the bridgstone RE92 or if your daring a set of Michelins(warning may be pricy)

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Michelin has awesome tires. I was rocking some all season's but just recently replaced them

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have michelin pilot exalto a/s. They're a GREAT tire, but at $120 a piece it might be a bit more than people want to pay.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hopefully its just tire issue cause if its wheel bearings...oy. thats gonna be a pain in the ass.

good luck to u.

bmyers4321

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have michelin pilot exalto a/s. They're a GREAT tire, but at $120 a piece it might be a bit more than people want to pay.
120 is not bad considering the price of the new si tires ($240 a peice) they are a great tire though. and they last for quite some time.

Partizan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeha im not putting tires on these steelies, these are just for a while till i can afford wheels again.

Is it possible that anything got messed up when they lowered my car on one side on the pavement?

Everything visually looks fine..