Rotor question

97silverferio

Adrenaline Addict
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey I'm going to bid on a piar of front drilled/slotted rotors on ebay here and i need to know if they'll fit. I have a 97 LX w/ABS. Now are the 92-00 EX's the same fitment?
Thanks,
Chad

Kakusandan

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
97silverferio said:
Hey I'm going to bid on a piar of front drilled/slotted rotors on ebay here and i need to know if they'll fit. I have a 97 LX w/ABS. Now are the 92-00 EX's the same fitment?
Thanks,
Chad
Why do you need drilled and slotted rotors on a 106 hp car? Don't buy drilled off of ebay, I can guarentee you they will crack pretty quick. If you MUST have drilled buy some Brembos... they're pretty cheap. Just make sure they are gold, if not it's just the blanks drilled by some... guy with a drill.. I guess... and since the EXs have ABS I am pretty sure the fitment should be the same... but look around I'm sure you can find specs.... or go to a website that sells rotors and see if your car and the 92-00 EX fall intot he same buying catagory or whatever.

97silverferio

Adrenaline Addict
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Kakusandan said:
Why do you need drilled and slotted rotors on a 106 hp car? Don't buy drilled off of ebay, I can guarentee you they will crack pretty quick. If you MUST have drilled buy some Brembos... they're pretty cheap. Just make sure they are gold, if not it's just the blanks drilled by some... guy with a drill.. I guess... and since the EXs have ABS I am pretty sure the fitment should be the same... but look around I'm sure you can find specs.... or go to a website that sells rotors and see if your car and the 92-00 EX fall intot he same buying catagory or whatever.

Yeah but my fronts are warped with 122k on 'em. I'm saving up for a B18c soon and i just wanna have some "better than stock" rotors down the road. I've been looking at sites on google all night im im seeing a lot of EX's matching up with the LX's with ABS. im sure i'll be fine. BTW what have u done with your ride?

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just get Brembo Blanks. Brembo never Cross Drill and Slot their rotors together. Its either one or the other. If you decide to purchase on ebay, be careful. Those are usually drilled from blanks.

As far as abs goes, I know there' are seperate part numbers. Yo ucan go to the brembo site and find your application.

Last edited:

98civichx

SILVER EJ7
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civic i beg to differ brembo does slot and cross drill thier rotors too. what do you think porsche uses on thier cars. take a look at the gran turismo big brake kit BREMBO DOES CROSS DRILL THE ROTORS. brembos are good stay away from the ones on ebay though unless they are the bronze hats. brembo oem blanks come silver but the slotted ot drilled or drilled and slotted brembos come in bronze. id go with power slots 97 they are cheaper and good discs unless you are auto crossing or have high hp you dont need much more than factory discs. civic im not bashing but they do drill rotors at brembo. nice ride byt he way i havent ever said anything about your civic but i do like it.

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
98civichx said:
civic i beg to differ brembo does slot and cross drill thier rotors too. what do you think porsche uses on thier cars. take a look at the gran turismo big brake kit BREMBO DOES CROSS DRILL THE ROTORS. brembos are good stay away from the ones on ebay though unless they are the bronze hats. brembo oem blanks come silver but the slotted ot drilled or drilled and slotted brembos come in bronze. id go with power slots 97 they are cheaper and good discs unless you are auto crossing or have high hp you dont need much more than factory discs. civic im not bashing but they do drill rotors at brembo. nice ride byt he way i havent ever said anything about your civic but i do like it.

I meant to say,

They never cross drill and slot their rotors in one piece. Its either one or the other. This is for replacement rotors and not the big brake kits, etc.

Thats what Im trying to say when you see them on ebay. They have them cross drilled and slotted, which they never do.

[edit]

Thanks for the comps. 8)

Last edited:

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just get brembo regular blank rotors.. drill and slot will make very little difference.. if you want better braking.. you need bigger rotors with more surface area..

97silverferio

Adrenaline Addict
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anekin007 it says those rotors in the link you provided will fit an LX with out ABS. I have ABS....what does ABS have to do with rotors anyway???

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you sure you have abs? i heard that some 92-95 lx models that have abs but i never heard of 96-00.. i didnt know.. i thought abs were in ex only..

if you do have abs.. you should get the front rotors for 96-00 ex and 99-00 si.

check out this link.. http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=831188 ..i think they sell the best deals for brembo blanks.. check out their website too, the link is in the first post..

mracer29

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have arospeed cross drilled and slotted rotors paid $119 for them at a local shop, along with some bendix ceramic pads and the car stops great. im totaly happy with my choice of rotors and pads. Pretty soon im gonna do a rear disc brake convertion, gonna try to stock pile all nessary parts new. and then when i have it all do the convertion.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Kakusandan said:

hey hey dun knock our 106 hp piece of shyts...
but yeh why u need cross drilled rotors for?
get em after u make so much power that ur car wont wanna come to a stop with what u have now..

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
97silverferio said:
....what does ABS have to do with rotors anyway???
There are notches in the rotor I THINK that the ABS sensor uses......

98civichx

SILVER EJ7
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civic brembo does have a slotted and drilled stock rotor. my best friend has them on his civic i can get pics. your welcome on the props.

silvertuner98

Banned
if i remember right the ABS sensors are on the CV axle. the only other thing i can figure out is different about them would be how far in they sit off the hub or something bc the toothed ring and sensor may take up about an extra 1/4 in the hub itself.

edit: the only difference between the ABS and non-ABS i believe is the hub????

Last edited:

P0gKai

B20VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LX and EX are not the same.. LX and DX are the same wich are something like 9.6" rotors meanwhile the EX is 10.2"
I had powerslot on my civic and I don't care if I had 106hp but I was braking better than stock.

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea.. the difference between the lx and ex is the size.. the ex rotor and si rotors are the same.. ex have abs and the si dont..