young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I shall ask tomorrow

guess I should start a little thread for the integra...might be some stuff going down on it soon. already started some
This is good news!

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is good news!
it will only be basic maintenance and little stuff, I hope. I'm trying to hold off on buying a new car for a little while and in the mean time ill fix this one up some

found this in one of my toolboxes I forgot about
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377053358.228231.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377053373.440080.jpg

changed for an actual honda oil cap, I also found in the tool box 5 more oil caps for Hondas
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377053391.094231.jpg

change the distributor o ring, this thing became plastic
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377053449.662655.jpg

got this cover off so I can wire wheel it and paint it. I'm going to try to clean this bay up the best I can
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377053542.192465.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377053556.209041.jpg

first time I've ever washed this car, have a lot of spots to fix and i good clay bar and buff. also need a passenger fender
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377053609.275395.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377053620.614431.jpg

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When it comes to changing the distributor o-ring, do you just simply put the distributor back where you had it or do you use a timing light to put it back in time?

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When it comes to changing the distributor o-ring, do you just simply put the distributor back where you had it or do you use a timing light to put it back in time?
I mark distributor to the head with a line and just pop it out, change, put it back in. nothing should be changing at all. ignition timing is ran off of the intake cam and its slotted and only goes on one way. as long as you keep your marks aligned your golden

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I mark distributor to the head with a line and just pop it out, change, put it back in. nothing should be changing at all. ignition timing is ran off of the intake cam and its slotted and only goes on one way. as long as you keep your marks aligned your golden
Good to know! Thanks man, I've been putting it off for a while now. Well, that and the oil pan gasket.. But that's for another day.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good to know! Thanks man, I've been putting it off for a while now. Well, that and the oil pan gasket.. But that's for another day.
you could do a distributor o ring in under 10 minutes if you d**k around a lot. take the cap off so you can rotate it to go on correctly, then three more bolts and your done