RWD Conversion???

getsideways94

5+ Year Member
I have a 93' Civic Coupe (EX), and Im thinking about doing a RWD conversion.
I was wondering if anyone made a FWD to RWD kit for my car?
I have searched for kits on google, but it turned up empty.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No they don't make lame crap like that for Hondas, purely self fabricated.

grgg1978

Balls deep....hahahaha
5+ Year Member
I've heard someone did this before but ignore people that say it's lame. If you know how to fabricate the work and you do it right I think it would be something to see. Good luck

civico

5+ Year Member
i saw something like that being done to a civic once on a magazine..they moved the motor to the back..but the car was a hatchback tho..i dont think its gona be as easy on a coupe

Tek-C

Powered By USAF!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if it is possible, it'd cost more money than it'd be worth. waste of money. just buy a RWD car and call it a day.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've seen RWD and AWD Civics out there. AWD Civics came from the factory, RWD did not.

If you really want this it'd be easier to just purchase an AWD Civic to begin with. The fourth gen actually saw a US Civic wagon with AWD. Not exactly anything to brag about though. Turtles are cool little cars anyway.

I've heard rumors that he drivelines aren't that strong, but there doesn't seem to be enough people out there to really say one way or another. I've never heard of specific problems with them.

I know a magazine or such put together an AWD Integra a few years back. I know it used CRV components and I believe it broke often.

A converted AWD or RWD Civic would be horrible for daily use at the very least. It would be something you would want to mostly leave at home and don't think it will win you anything besides some oohs and ahhs.

Neutrilizer

5+ Year Member
I've heard you can convert an S2k setup to make it work. A Friend of mine was looking to make his Accord RWD by using Nissan parts, but again totally self fabricated.

To be honest, FWD is part of owning a civic. If it's not what you want, don't own one. =)

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The Civette is a Civic chassis cut up so the entire undercarriage is gone and set on top of a Corvette driveline.

It's not really so much of making a Civic RWD as it is making a Corvette look like a Civic.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The Civette is a Civic chassis cut up so the entire undercarriage is gone and set on top of a Corvette driveline.

It's not really so much of making a Civic RWD as it is making a Corvette look like a Civic.
still the same result though. and probably much easier.

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've seen a couple of RWD Civics... like mentioned earlier, its prolly not a good idea if your car is a dd.

also, it'd cost a few stacks of cash to get done unless you can fab stuff yourself.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
still the same result though. and probably much easier.
Actually no.

Did you really see what needed to be done just to get the parts together, much less what problems that car will still have as a daily?

Do you think there are gaps between the two bodies? How do you think things matched up electrically? What do you think would be involved with keeping that car legally on the road? How would you insure it?

The easiest way to make a RWD Civic is going to begin with the first step being to get a AWD Civic.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Actually no.

Did you really see what needed to be done just to get the parts together, much less what problems that car will still have as a daily?

Do you think there are gaps between the two bodies? How do you think things matched up electrically? What do you think would be involved with keeping that car legally on the road? How would you insure it?

The easiest way to make a RWD Civic is going to begin with the first step being to get a AWD Civic.

very true. i never saw all the work that went into it. i just saw the few youtube vids of the finished product.

EGHseries

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Actually no.

i would just start out with a s2k that has ben wrecked and start tacking every thing apart and seeing what all messures up and stuff you willl have to fab everything gussetts and rear end housing hole and driveaxle tunnle but just start somewhere and good luck man if you start keep us posted