s**t!!

Shogun

is cool
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok, so this just happened. I was going down the highway doing 55 slowing down for a car. I put it in 3rd to slow down, after the car turned I kinda got on it in third. I didn't take it to redline but I took it to about 5500. I missed going into 4th for being just stupid lazy and not paying enough attention I guess. Well when i missed it over reved to about 9500 or so because I pressed on the gas pedal waaaay to hard. I pulled off to the side of the road and the car sound like it was "chugging". I drove it back home and it still felt like it had the same power and it didn't really feel any different. I also noticed that the motor seemed like it was shaking more when it was running. Any help would be greatly appreciated

BTW, its a jdm gsr

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whats the redline?

i had a usdm gsr and i usta bounce off the rev limiter for a couple seconds and nothing happend. :what:

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it'll be fine... just let her cool down and then she'll be back to normal. She just got a little mad at you.

henkz0r

Unobtanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What ECU are you running? I bet it's fine. Hard to imagine someone took the rev limiter out of it... I'm not a huge fan of my SCI MSD box, but I love ignition cut versus fuel cut rev limiters. :thumbs up

Shogun

is cool
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its a chipped p30 is why the redline is so high. it does not feel like it lost any power but it feels like its lobing or something when its a idle. i'll just let it sit till tomorrow and hopefully everything is fine then.

henkz0r

Unobtanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You should consider reprogramming for a lower rev limit. I have access to a burner if you don't have one down in Manc. I hate to hear anything bad about your car; it looks so clean. Every time I roll thru Manc I hope I see you on the roads to see it in living color. I bet it's hot.

Shogun

is cool
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol, well I hope to see you too. Its always very cool to see other people from CC.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sooo how did this turn out?