sacramento bars, sf bars etc

flora

toaster oven
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey, sac peeps (or people who frequent the sac area):

We just moved to midtown, and while I'm pretty famiiar with the area, I want to get to know the bar scene down here.

no clubs! (unless it's free cover and there is an amazing bar that's hella cheap)

Bar name
atmosphere

The ones I like are

The Mercantile
20th and capitol
cheap ass well drinks ($2.50)
gay bar (not pretentious)--defintely not somewhere you dress up for--but you can, in drag. ;)

the flame club
16th & S
hellla cheap drinks--strong, too ($2.25 well)
veerrrrrry dank and rank. people smoking pot out in the gravel parking lot, small and stinky. but you get trashed!

hangar 17
17th and r (?)
mid range--well drinks were $5-6. well drinks are made of pretty good liquioe though--skyy vdoka, etc. no beers on tap though :( only bottle

monkey bar
j&28 (or around there)
mid - 6ish?
kind of the frat crowd sometimes. you get a mixed crowd but it tends to be college people.

ink
27th & n
mid--great martini list
the place is cool- the evenings there is a dj spinnin. good food list, too (restuarant with a bar). they are open late. the walls are decorated in "ink" or tatoo -like drawings. very fun. great calamari.

Also looking into cool places to hang out in san francisco--nice places and cheap places. anyone?

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i have nothing to list. but i'd like to read responses. i still haven't been to a bar here, and it's been four months.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well you guys know that i love the empire but thats got a cover ... the bar next to it is aight though, i think its just called 15th and r or some s**t like that.

also a big fan of monkey bar that was already mentioned, chill crowd and they have this really hot female bartender that has full sleeve tatoos

shooters up in citrus heights ... dont know the address but i know its got a liquor store on one side, an apt complex on the other, and a church across the street lmao. Be sure to stop in on a thursday college night $1 miller lites and long islands.

zuzus sushi is awesome .... we only have hung out there as a prelude to the club though, never actually spent all night there. I think thats the right name, but its over by i5 on j st between 3rd and 7th

Streets London Pub 1804 J St ... been here once on a thursday night .... great place college crowd nice bar with lounge, outside smoking area, beers were kinda pricey though.

man this is sad ... im not even from sac and what im sure is a small ass list is still bigger and better than the bars in napa. Chico is gonna be so much fun, moving more s**t up into my apt sometime next week.

Redbone

Movin on up...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Speaking of Sac, have any of you heard from leftlaneb*tch (Yoko) lately? I haven't talked to her in forever and wondered if someone from up there might know how she's doing since she goes to the bars/clubs too.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i've tried calling her a bajillion times, she never answers anymore, left serveral voicemails, no reply back... iono she's got her own world now i guess? Would be great to hear from an old friend lol

Redbone

Movin on up...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, I tried texting her a couple times, but no replies. Maybe someday. I miss Yoko!

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea she never answers my calls either ..... the last time i saw her was june 2005 at a honda tech meet in roseville

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
that bar on 15th and R is just called 'R15', fyi. :D

i didn't know her personally, but i haven't seen her post in forever. :what:

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
there's a big ass dip in the road on 15th right near it... so i always remember it. :D

not that you needed to know that.. but oh well.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
never actually driven my own car to that establishment lol

actually i did once but i came riding down r from the south

flora

toaster oven
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha matt and i saw yoks the other day at crepeville. same old yoks! haha, i should send her the link to this thread :P

streets of london is cool but yeah--beers aren't cheap, and when it rains, it's horrible! people who don't have a table/seat go to the patio....and feel miserable. ;) usually the patio is pretty chill tho. i'm tempted to go there with a book and just drink a beer when it's nicer outside (18 & j) quiz nights on sunday is fun, too. i've never won though. you get into teams of up to 5 and answer quiz questions (think trivial pursuit-esque). whoever wins gets 2 free pitchers of beer or something.

aki: if you're ever down here, i'll go to a bar with you =)

flora

toaster oven
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
flora said:
Hey, sac peeps (or people who frequent the sac area):

We just moved to midtown, and while I'm pretty famiiar with the area, I want to get to know the bar scene down here.

=)

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bunta face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tina & matt, felicia and i plan to come up sometime in janurary, keep you guys posted though :thumbup:

i'll make sure to bring some of that killa too... we'll have to have another "learning session" for tina :shock:

Redbone

Movin on up...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
flora said:
haha matt and i saw yoks the other day at crepeville. same old yoks! haha, i should send her the link to this thread :P =)
Hell yeah! If you can get a hold of her tell her about it. I miss talkin to Yok's about car s**t. :D

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
flora said:
go me! well it takes twenty minutes for me to drive there. heh. so it's not like it's a major trip or anything.

i have to drive far away to get to everything except fast food, gas, and grocery stores. there's nothing recreational in the pocket/greenhaven area. unless you couldn't staring at the gay courtesy clerk at the nugget market on florin. he has puffy, frosted hair. he's rather entertaining. :D

haha.. don't ask.

flora

toaster oven
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SeanJohn1802 said:
Bunta face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tina & matt, felicia and i plan to come up sometime in janurary, keep you guys posted though :thumbup:

i'll make sure to bring some of that killa too... we'll have to have another "learning session" for tina :shock:

lol for sure. i'm getting better, i think. ;)

can't wait to see you guys! too bad you work for NYE. >< have a good one!

aki: that's why we like midtown--right in the middle of things. =) the rest of sac tends to be suburdbia...only grocery stores and fast food. lol. what freeway/exit are you off of? i can get to the pocket area pretty quickly--if there's not traffic. =)

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you can take either the pocket or florin exit from I-5, and it's just a few blocks. :D

when we first moved down here we were staying in my aunts old apartment at T & 17th. i really liked it downtown... but it's way too expensive for a large apartment there. much cheaper out here. it's not too bad since we live close to 5. it stays pretty clear.

though my husband drives to the arden best buy every day. bus-80 is the bane of my existence, usually. :evil: