safe drop height for me?

civickid94

So i finally got my suspension... I'm wondering how much I can lower it without cracking my oilpan/hitting exhaust on every little dip in the road. I live (believe it or not) on a dirt road in northern maine (bout 10 minutes from canada) that has a fair share of potholes and erosion. Once you get onto the pavement the road is actually fairly smooth. How low can I get and still be able to go over speedbumps without angling/? I know i'm going to have to learn how to drive differently... thanks

Just a honda!!

Registered VIP
Depends how stiff ur suspension is

Sent from tapataalllkk

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its not something we can tell you how low to go, everyone's situation is different, lower it a moderate amount and go if it seems to be good then lower it a bit more. If it scrapes raise it up, seems quite simple to me.

civickid94

Alright well just for information my spring rates are 12kg in front, and 8kg in rear. How long should I leave it at one height to settle because each height adjustment requires a new alignment right? I've heard to drive it a week on one height before getting an alignment but I have brand new tires so I don't want to wear them down instantly

Just a honda!!

Registered VIP
They wont wear that much unless u go 100 mph they should be fine till u figure out how low u can go

Sent from tapataalllkk

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Drop till you hit, then raise it a few mm's at a time until you stop. That's how low you can go :thumbs up

Take pics!