Security system locks up...HELP

N1EX

Red_Robin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For the past few days I haven't been able to use my keyless entry and I end up having to reset the stereo by unplugging the wires in the back every time. Then the stereo and keyless entry work for a day or two then lock up again. I've been keeping my secrity system unplugged so that if it locks up I wont set off the alarm if i have to open the doors manually with the keys. I don't know whats going, I thought it might be a power problem or something. I have the stock head unit and pioneer speakers all around...could that be a problem? Any help would be appreciated.

92EH9

flat black rat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i expierienced the same problem with mine two weeks ago. called the dealers they told me to bring it in but thats kinda hard with the engine kill!! what i did is let the alarm go off got in the car hit the program button on the dash to disarm it then reprogramed my remote as explained in the owners manual but now my remote needs a new battery so ill have to redo it. anyway i hope this helps goodluck!

N1EX

Red_Robin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well thanks but this thread is kinda old...turns out my radio was toast and it screwin everything else up, so i bought a new one off eBay for like 20 bucks and now everything is as good as new. Thanks anyway.