Sedan Speaker Question

Foxracer

So heres the deal. I need to order some rear speakers to complete my system. I want to get these ones below but they have too much depth and will hit the torque bar so I have to put in trunk shocks so I can install them. I was wondering if you know of any other good speakers that don't hit the bar? Or just better speakers in general. I was hoping to get these though to match with my kappas up front until I found out about the depth deal thing though. Thanks.

These are the ones:
Infinity Kappa 62.9i
http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_108629I/Infinity-Kappa-62-9i.html?search=62.9&ssi=0

And my ride is an 04 civic sedan.

Motaw

I'm pretty sure those will work without anyproblems. The magnets on my 6X9's are huge and ive bent the plastic covering for then from slamming against the bar. But those kappas magnets are alot smaller, should fit. Good sound quality they put out too. specially the 6X9's.

p.s. link does not work

Foxracer

I'm pretty sure those will work without anyproblems. The magnets on my 6X9's are huge and ive bent the plastic covering for then from slamming against the bar. But those kappas magnets are alot smaller, should fit. Good sound quality they put out too. specially the 6X9's.

p.s. link does not work
Works now =) Well I thought the same thing until I looked it up on crutchfield and they said it doesn't fit. I called up and the person was telling me they couldn't say what was wrong with it but they finally told me it was the depth of it that was the problem. People have recommended trunk shocks to me to make more room but I just want to see what you guys think.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
before you buy trunk shocks why not buy or make spacers thats what i did. i traced the oem speaker on some fiber bored then cut out the center giving me the clearance i needed .

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
your going to have to remove the trim regardless so just test fit it if it works good if i doesn't you can just remove the trunk helper till you get shocks but i wouldn't even bother its not likr the trunk weighs a ton and how often do you open it anyway.

Foxracer

I was thinking the same thing. I must have last opened the trunk like 2 months ago. But I hope it will be as easy as not removing anything. That would work out well for me.

Foxracer

Hopefully your right. Yea I saw those threads already but couldn't find a good rear speaker one. I just need to get my rear speakers shipped now and I'm ready to start pullin panels and useless stock sound equipment.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have seen a diy for the rear i just cant find it but you honestly dont need it.

Foxracer

Alright Thanks. Should be mostly the same steps for my sedan. Luckily I dont have to remove that side panel cause there isnt one the sedan. Now all I need is the stuff to get here.

Foxracer

Perfect, sucks how some pics are missing but I should be able to work it out anyway. This is getting done tomorrow, hopefully I can tear it up smoothly.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
before you dive in i would get all new clips for the panals because there not really ment to be removed and put back. they become loose and some will inevitably break causing your panals to vibrate more then usual especially if you have subs.

civic0918

Registered VIP
u talking about subs? you can get a custom box built and aim the upwards any good stereo shop should be able to do that for ya.