sellin car

killakross5o4

5+ Year Member
i have a 2000 civic Si with dc header...borla cat back...projector halo healights and blacked out tailights...i threw a rod threw the block..and the head is still perfect..the car just hit 100k miles...i am conviced to just sell the car instead of putting a new short block in it..i heard that its to hard to get the timing right,.,i am wondering how much should/could i sell it as a rolling chassis?

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it depends on how clean the body is. post up some pics and how many miles are on the body? are you going to sell it with the motor in the car?

civic98turbo

I'm back ....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
timing is timing....if you can put timing on a bare block when you put it together...why wouldn't you be able to do it with a short block....

its not hard at all

honda98civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
timing is timing....if you can put timing on a bare block when you put it together...why wouldn't you be able to do it with a short block....

its not hard at all

:word: dude juss fix it. ull be glad u did. if i had an si i would do anything i had to to be able to keep it.:cool:

killakross5o4

5+ Year Member
well, i took automotive in highschool so i got a basic idea of how to do all this..but im not 100% sure...i have seen short blocks on ebay/craigslist sell for 100-800 dollars...my head is still good..and i just piad 13k for the car in december ....i am located in illinois but found a shop close that will do the b series swap for 500...but i wanna do it myself if i do it....im not sure how to post pics but i can try...i just got a fresh orange paint job on it..and it has dc sport headers and all that...can i use to reg b16a biock?or does it have to be the b16a2

killakross5o4

5+ Year Member
thanks unmair for the help...i see that there is a also a block on ebay ..for 400 but its just the block..no pistons or rods

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my brother has a jdm b16 block hes trying to sell. i live in missouri maybe i c an meet you sometime with it. its got low miles. i can get you pics if you want