SF Bay Area junkyards and 6th gen salvage

chimchim

iVTEC, do you?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Anyone in the San Jose, CA area know any good junkyards that tend to have 6th gen civics? I need to salvage random pieces off of peoples' crashed rides.

ExcelcivicSi

JDM Biatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you should look that up in the yellow pages...i now sac has like a whole recking yard just for hondas..i'm about to swing down there and pic my self up some s**t.

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I believe there is one in Hayward, cant remember the name off the top of my head though..check there

lanojp1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
can u just stroll onto a junkyard lot and pick apart cars? ive never been but it sounds like a good deal..

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i called some of the honda junk yards in sac and they charge a grip. its almost the price as brand new. but that was like a year a two ago.

chimchim

iVTEC, do you?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lanojp1, many junkyards work like this: you pay an admission fee of < $10 and you bring your own tools. You get to browse around wrecks and you rip out what you need. Bring the parts back up to the desk and pay for it. Can be a rip off if the junkyard guy charges a lot (subjective).

Hey... so that means haggling is normal, right?

lanojp1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh i see how it works now, so i could pay admission and then stroll in and find like a wrecked car with racing seats(just an example) and take them out and pay for them?

i need to look into that..:D

WiggerMan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Get a hookup from the wreckers =) I got the sactown russian hookup... they own most of the salvage places so its easy to find parts

redsidriver2

Banned
i 2 am looking for a good junk yard .only one ive been to taht has hondas in san jo is honda heaven but the selection is kinda limited mostly 5th gen stuff i think havent seen many 6th gen years 99-00 but some 96-98.its by the drive in on capitol

chimchim

iVTEC, do you?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do you remember the name of the place?
how much was admission there?

redsidriver2

Banned
there was no admision and it was called honda heaven . just make liek ur going to the drive in .off of capitol heading west make a right on snell and at teh first light make another right and ull see it theres like another junk yard there too .honda heaven is like the second one

chimchim

iVTEC, do you?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks redsidriver2. I just came back from Honda Heaven. Pretty nice since it's exclusively Honda/Acura. Although the guy at the desk was a bit of an a*****e. He was more interested in chatting on the phone with his friend than helping me.

This is made worse because at HH, you can't "just browse around". You have to actually ask the desk guy for parts and gets them for you. He always high balls too. He wanted $40 for a busted up 6th gen upper front grille, and $10 for a dented, scratched up, rusted bolt, stainless OEM muffler TIP. Just the tip.

Ended up he didn't even have a 6th gen front upper grille (or wasn't willing to look for it) and I offered $5 for his muffler tip which he accepted with an Oscar winning look of "oooohhhkay.... I'm doing you ssuuuuuch a favor."

They had a whole bunch of 5th gens and a good number of 6th gens. Plus accords, preludes, and some legends. No Civic Si's though, which is what I really was hoping to salvage from.

Good find though... I'll call them back when another guy is on shift or Grumpy is in a better mood.

redsidriver2

Banned
haha yeah they r kinda dicks f**k it i never asked i just stroll by and check it out for myself . but the older guy doing the work outside short older mexican dude i think is real nice so next time just ask him .