Shaving the whole car project.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
rexxxgirl said:
I have been thinkin about shaving the sides of mine. but I dn't want to do anything that anyone will be able to notice right off. I don't really want it to look shaved. lol. and when you shave the sides, do you take off the trim, or just fill around it? what is fiberglass cloth?
It is not that hard to shave the side mouldings of a civic eg body. The only thing that kinda makes it weird is that the bottom ridge of the body line around the moulding sticks out just a cunt hair further than the top and a roll will have to be made but it makes a cool body line that lines up with the ridges on the quarter panels and fenders.Take off the trim, I can't imagine how rigged and shitty it would look if you tried to shave the moulding with the moulding still on the car and if you don't know what fiberglass cloth is then you don't even need to ask about how to do these things because the results will be shitty and second rate, the two choices are to weld them almost flush and fill the rest or grind the whole area down and fill it with dynaglass and then put some body filler on it.

rexxxgirl

i want a new hatch!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
12.8:1 Ls/vtec said:
It is not that hard to shave the side mouldings of a civic eg body. The only thing that kinda makes it weird is that the bottom ridge of the body line around the moulding sticks out just a cunt hair further than the top and a roll will have to be made but it makes a cool body line that lines up with the ridges on the quarter panels and fenders.Take off the trim, I can't imagine how rigged and shitty it would look if you tried to shave the moulding with the moulding still on the car and if you don't know what fiberglass cloth is then you don't even need to ask about how to do these things because the results will be shitty and second rate, the two choices are to weld them almost flush and fill the rest or grind the whole area down and fill it with dynaglass and then put some body filler on it.
umm thanks for being an ass. and in case you couldn't look over to the right, I don't have a civic, I have a crx. and also, thanks for the help, because I still don't know what fiberglass cloth is. yes, glad you could help with my question.

TheGreenMachine

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Fawks said:

See the difference?
theyre both corollas....the trunk like and the taillights are in the EXACT same spots. plus the side mirrors are the same. i think the guy who posted the pic would know. srry.... :(

rexxxgirl

i want a new hatch!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea you can totally tell by teh taillights. exactly the same.

Fawks

Applesauce b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

See it now? Same damn thing.

bcivichb

Driving South
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dood theyre not the same. look at the lines on the doors. the ridge on the trunk. the mirrors. not the same.

note how the trunk lines up with the bumper, ect.

Fawks

Applesauce b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
bcivichb said:
dood theyre not the same. look at the lines on the doors. the ridge on the trunk. the mirrors. not the same.

note how the trunk lines up with the bumper, ect.
No dude, that is an EK hatch with the Corolla taillight conversion. It is the most badass thing ever! I can't believe you guys have never heard of it.

rexxxgirl

i want a new hatch!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
on the civic, the trunklid goes in on the bottom, and on the corolla it flares out.uhhh, the lights are total opposite, those corolla lights are extremely distinctive. look at the lights on both corollas, they are exactly the same, notice the white part in the middle.

edit
wait a sec- I totally see it. I wouldn't say it's badass. it's damn stupid. but I see it now. that's the most retaredest thing I have ever seen. why would you ever want to make a civic look like a corolla???/

Fawks

Applesauce b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
rexxxgirl said:
and the gas tank is not even on the same side......
That is because they had to convert it to a fuel cell to meet SCCA standards.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
rexxxgirl said:
umm thanks for being an ass. and in case you couldn't look over to the right, I don't have a civic, I have a crx. and also, thanks for the help, because I still don't know what fiberglass cloth is. yes, glad you could help with my question.
Well, it should be easy on a crx, I'll try to redeem myself by helping your cause. Take off the side mouldings, cut however many 2"x2" squares you need to weld behind the holes. You're going to have to take the door panels out to gain access to the clips that hold on the moulding. Grind the paint off about an inch around where the holes are and get someone to hold the metal with gloves on while you put a few good tack welds on the metal paying attention not to warp the metal with heat. grind the welds flush and fill the holes with dynaglass. cut the dynaglass low and apply body filler adnd sand smooth. prime the spots and wetsand out all the sand scratches from sanding the filler. Next time you go to Wal-Mart, go to the car parts isle where the spray paint is and look for fiberglass cloth. :worthy:

rexxxgirl

i want a new hatch!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks alot! sorry for being bitchy. In caase you didn't notice, I can't even tell left from right. lol. thanks. :D

Fawks

Applesauce b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sorry 'bout the sarcasm. I didn't expect it to last this long. We did a friend of mines rex with body filler and you would think that the car came that way. Just gotta do lots of sanding and then have the car painted. Good luck.

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks for whoring my post REXWHORE! this thread is for people who know what fiberglass is, not non-fiberglass knowing t-rex POST WHORES! Whoring my post is the most scandolous thing somebody has done in like the past 5 minutes other than my girlfriend going to cali with some dude and spending the weekend there drunk, while being pregnant with my child. SCANDOLISM WILL NOT BE TOLORATED! This is a scandol free thread so take your cloth type questions on another thread that starts with "what in the HELL is fiberglass clothy cloth" And what is paint, and maybe bondo? those are the threads you need to start instead of whoring up my wonderfull shave a beautiful civic that has lots of lines, into a wonderfull piece of art thread. This thread has gone to the whore house and i need to start up a new NO WHORE ANTI-SLUTTY thread, that doesnt even contain the word boobies, or corrola.

oh and i notice your name rexxxgirl has 3 x's in it, hence= XXX. Is this a hint or somthing? an invitation? Some sort of whore house coverup aka a hint that reXXXgirl will go XXX on your thread? anyways im sick of messing around with girls who are even remotely related to the XXX industry, they all end up in san diego with some dude, sipping on apple juice.