Sheared lca bolt Any ideas?

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
i need to subscribe to this... I got some bolts I need to get to work on. A sawzall works for this? Hmm... I was just going to use a air cut off tool
im sure that would work too, I just happened to have a sawzall nearest.

To the OP, I hope it all works out :thumbup:

BseriesEG

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lca's always snap every honda ive had and i went to change shocks n springs on snapped. my hatch is down right now cuz the bolts were seized in the bushings. so i have to wait till weds. to get new lca's to mount to my new shox and put it back together. its way pointless to me to drill out the bolt and try to re tap it so im just saving the energy and ordered new blox lca's. but i feel yah bro. suspension bolts on hondas are like 70% braking chance. they suck!!!

kynetguy

5+ Year Member
So where do you buy replacements other than honda? Honda here where I live wants like $18 each for them plus tax.

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So where do you buy replacements other than honda? Honda here where I live wants like $18 each for them plus tax.
for the bushing or the bolt?

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
He's referring to the bushing. I guess you could always go aftermarket. You could get energy suspension bushings from www.summitracing.com, although they're a pain to install.

Jimmy2times

White, middle-class
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i just got mine torched today. i'm happy because now i can do whatever i want with my suspension and stop worrying about everything.

Jimmy2times

White, middle-class
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
bolts are $9.25. it's pricey but not as pricey as $18.

for anyone looking to replace bushings, i'd recommend just getting skunk LCA's or some that already come with poly bushings installed.

kynetguy

5+ Year Member
for the bushing or the bolt?

I was looking for the bolts. I have new LCAs, but since 99.9% of ever 92-95 (I have 94) Civic has seized bolts, I was going to just replace them need it or not, bot I am banking on needing them. So to avoid the headaches, I wanted the bolts on hand. I can't believe a google or ebay searvh for "civic lca bolt" doesn't turn up a plethora of aftermarket options. Hell, I would be happy with one option.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
home depot is an option, however LCA bolts are the ONE bolt i'd actually pay the $9 for.