shift light for 99 ex?

CIVIC_VTEC

LOW AND SLOW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok i dont know if im in the right thread but oh well. http://www.ssautochrome.com/level.itml/icOid/1629 that web site their is a car that has their shift light as their check engine light? and i was curious how do you convert your check engine light to a shift light? do i have to change something? please help!!

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
lol. or you could use your ears to tell you when to shift lol. but to your question. do you have the shift light already hooked up? if so its supper easy to change out. just take your dash out and pull that little bulb out, hook your shift light relay onto it with some solder and pop it back in. that way you have both a shift light and a functioning check engine light, cuz the light will get 2 inputs, one if you have to check your engine, and one from the shift indicator.

leothelion

Registered VIP
i always wondered, if you get a shift light, you put it up high so you dont have to look at your dash, cuz its dangerous to look at your dash when at high speeds...lol other wise you would just look at the tac. so since your integrating it into your dash though, it sort of defeats the purpose, since your looking at your dash, you can see your tachometer right next to the shift light...idk...just a thought.

CIVIC_VTEC

LOW AND SLOW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol yea i know. and you entitled to that thought, and opinion. i thought i just looked cool lol. cause my cousin had one in his 98 teg used for drag, and he said that its hard as hell to watch both at the same time. then i said why not just get the tack that mounts on your dash and hes like no lol it looks dumb, but oh well. but anyways he had that were the check engine light came on that told him when 7k rpms was their, (when to shift for him) and he said the guy that had that car before him had it already in. i was just wondering cause it looked badass to me haha

leothelion

Registered VIP
lol. dont worry. i only critiqued cuz i dont have a manual, if i had a stick, you bet your A$$ i would have a shift light LOL.

emerican

Registered VIP
I know a few people with this done on there car and while i wouldnt do it it seems like a pretty cool idea.

CIVIC_VTEC

LOW AND SLOW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member