shift linkage question

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok, somehow on my way home from the shore my extended shift linkage (the one that is bolted to the trans housing) bolt and metal flange cap disappeared, and my linkage now falls off from time to time... the only problem in finding a new bolt and flange is that according to USDM websites, and acura and honda in turnersville my transmission doesn't exist my case code is S80-3016440 it is a factory LSD...

anyone know what size exactly the bolt is, and where I can get the cone shaped metal flange that goes along with it??

all else fails you think I should just make the flange and spent a few hours finding a bolt that fits?

ShadeTreeTuner

5+ Year Member
i may have what you need

i have a totalled 95 hatch dx in the backyard "stock" if you know that the parts will fit i can send you what you need for 20$ plus ship, that is if it fits

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have a totalled 95 hatch dx in the backyard "stock" if you know that the parts will fit i can send you what you need for 20$ plus ship, that is if it fits

I don't think it will fit, I have a B16A2 swap with factory LSD trans...

BUT you have a dx hatch huh... would you happen to have the cargo cover?? if so I am very interested, also if so what color is it

ST8JDM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
am sure B or D bolts would work

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
me too.. thus the post lol... I think I am just going to go to ace with the car jack it up have a salesmen come out with me and we will go bolt hunting lol... then making the flange will be easy wit some aluminum and a hole saw/ hammer... frustrating... how does this happen...

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
am sure B or D bolts would work
Wrong....The bolt for a d linkage is about 1.5 inches longer than the bolt the b linkage. I got my metal flange for my b tranny at Honda, it was like $3 I think. For the bolt, just bring in a d bolt if you can find it, and tell them you need one the same thread size but shorter. That's what I did, and they just found one for me in their bolt bins. That cost me nothing. This should be an easy fix, you just need to go to Honda. If you can't find a D linkage bolt, just get them to look it up in their database and it'll tell them the thread size, then tell them you need one about 1.5 inch shorter.

caddy

I found Waldo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LSD was a JDM only option, which is why they probably can't find anything for it. Integra linkage will still bolt right up to the B16 tranny regardless of LSD or not. using a bolt from an integra SHOULD work.

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you sure that would work?? would I be able to take a D bolt and cut it to length?

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Honda can order most Acura parts, unless they're Acura specific parts such as any B motor parts such as oil pump, water pump, etc. Little bolts and washers Honda can order for you, even if it's an Acura part. You could grind the bolt to length, the thread size is the same, it's just the length that is the problem. The washer you'll still need to get from Honda, all B hydraulic trannys should have the same washer.

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well I fixed it lastnight i guess for now until I have time to go to acura.. honda by me refuses to order acura parts.. they send me there every time...

i fixed it with a round cut piece of 7/16 aluminum plate that I hole sawed out to fit the bushing, a lock washer I had in my garage, and a bolt believe it or not from my fathers motorcycle exhaust conversion ( yamaha v-star 1300) thread was perfect, and it went together in about 10 mins and it works perfectly... I need the car to get to the train station everyday to get to work so it was a must fix

def temp though because i don't want the bolt breaking in the housing of my tranny... and causing another problem for me.. but for now it has to do else I'll be stopping every 2 miles to reset my linkage.. and thats annoying and dangerous