Shifter won't shift

chopshop84

I have a 1994 Honda civic 4door ex. Lol. My chick is in the drive thru line at Starbucks, puts the car in park to grab the coffee and son of a b***h the car will not shift to drive. Lol. The guy working the window comes out and puts the key in the key hole on the shifter bezel and is able to get the car to shift to drive. I finally get home from work to look at it and I'm not to sure what's up. So, before I tear into this car I was wondering if any of you have had this problem and how to fix it. Thanks in advance for any advice and tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gugiey

Registered VIP
Sounds like the thing that unlocks the shifter when you depress the brake has taken a s**t .

Do some research and you will be able to find what I'm suggesting .

Sorry cant remember what's it called .

chopshop84

Sounds like the thing that unlocks the shifter when you depress the brake has taken a s**t .

Do some research and you will be able to find what I'm suggesting .

Sorry cant remember what's it called .
That's what I've been thinking. Not messing with it till the morning.

Keep the suggestions coming guys/gals.

chopshop84

Nothing? Nobody else has ran across this problem?

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
If your RPM's are too high, that will also not let you shift out of park. Happens to me all the time in cold weather. I have to stick my foot under the gas pedal and lift up. The throttle cable it a little too tight but I like it revved a little higher in the winter so i'm fine with it... Just thought I toss that out there. But yes, i'd check the brake release switch.

steve.21

The brake lights shorted on me blowing a fuse causing the same thing to happen with me. But that was on a 6th gen.