Shopping Experience with OnlineCarStereo.com

Civv

So I chose to buy a RF Punch P500-2 amp from OnlineCarStereo.com. Bad Idea. After waiting over a week, UPS tracking website still didn't update my order tracking to show that it left. However, I did recieve an email from OCS (OnlineCarStereo) saying it shipped the day after I purchased the item so I thought that UPS forgot to scan it or something... WRONG. So a few days ago I called into OCS' customer support and talked to 2 different people each time who both said they would call me back after they called UPS - which they never did. After calling for the 3rd time, finally someone who cared about the customer told me that it had been sitting in the warehouse for a week and just now shipped that morning after I had called in.

Did they not tell me it shipped already?

If I had never called in, how long would my amp have sat in the warehouse?

Why is UPS' tracking now showing 4 business days left when it shouldve been here already if it had "shipped" on the 12th like it had said...?

Why did it take me 3 people before I got some sort of answer?

I am completely and utterly dissapointed and furiated with my first experience with OCS and the customer support - or the lack thereof. Should I call the customer support line and explain my dissapointments?*Its coming this wednesday (hopefully).

ImThaBean

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did they not tell me it shipped already?
I get that a lot when I buy on eBay, the seller marks the item shipped after generating the tracking # but it takes X amount of days for "processing". THEN DON'T SAY IT'S SHIPPED IF IT HASN'T LEFT YOUR LOCATION!!!

If I had never called in, how long would my amp have sat in the warehouse?
They would have a.) said oh well and returned it to inventory (may or nay not have gotten your money back unless you called and complained) or b.) they say, "oh Shiiii" and toss it on a truck and hope you don't call.

Why is UPS' tracking now showing 4 business days left when it shouldve been here already if it had "shipped" on the 12th like it had said...?
Because, as you stated, it didn't leave until you called. it has been "processing" with UPS while they wait for it to show up to one of their hubs.

Why did it take me 3 people before I got some sort of answer?
Some company's have s***ty customer service. It just happens.

Next time you want ICE, just go to Crutchfield. I have never had an issue with them and they have top notch KNOWLEDGEABLE customer service.

Civv

i know those two websites are far better, but OCS was 10 dollars cheaper, plus i had a 15 dollars off coupon.

I guess my main question is should I call in today and complain and try to get some kind of compensation?

speedjunkie_g35

Crutchfield is overpriced even though they are very knowledgeable. I have ordered several thing thru Online car stereo and never had a problem, other than the guy trying to argue with me that the amp I was buying was to much amp for the speakers I was buying. He shut up when I told him I had the same setup in another car and worked great. and that the amp he was recommending wouldn't be powerful enough for what I was wanting.

And yes you should always try to get compensated for your troubles for anything. Most companies will, you just have to ask for it after telling them what a headache their delay caused you!