Short in dash electrical

PntballingPyro

On my 1997 EX 4dr 5 spd I have an after market head unit. I also jumped the one pigtail end so that my dome light would work when I have the doors open.

My problem is that when I press in the clutch the radio will turn off for a split second. None of my settings are lost and it is normal. Sometimes when I turn the car off and then come back and turn it on again it has reset itself like it has been unplugged and plugged back in. Has anyone ran into this before? I would like some ideas before I go prodding around with my electrical. Hopefully I have been clear as to my issue.

Update: 5/27/2014

As I was coming off the freeway I applied my brake and the instant i pushed the pedal my power flickered in my dash. My speedometer dropped about 20 mph then resumed and my radio turned off and on. This happened a couple more times before I made it to my destination. It did not happen every time I pushed in the brake pedal. My engine did not stall though. My guess is that the clutch pedal is not the problem. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

RonJ

Banned
It's not a short.

Clean and tighten the battery ground attached to the chassis. Do the same for the battery connectors and posts.