Should I buy and self install the body kit for 8th gen civic

rez2

5+ Year Member
i can get the body kit that someone showed on thsi board a month or so ago for 400 dollars. the person im buying from says that the lines will be off if not done profesionaly or sumshit like that. i dont have the money to pay for installation at a reputable place around my way. so what do u think i should do

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u dont like lipkits?
i would go with one of those..they are pretty much easy to install...

as for body kits..i wouldn't go with anything fiberglass...especially living where we do..people will hit and crack ur shyt...:lol:

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Don't DIY a body kit if you have little to no experience. It'll probably end up looking bad and you'll be annoyed at yourself. Save $ to have it done the right way the first time.

ESR98civic4689

Chi town racer
5+ Year Member
look good idea, got o a local paint garage and say i was wonderin if i could donate my time or ask teh if it was ok to get lessons in painting and body work, im sure they would help and learn howw to install and fill you kit, that s what im doin and i have a kit, c-2 front with blackwidow sides and rear

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blazed said:
u dont like lipkits?
i would go with one of those..they are pretty much easy to install...

as for body kits..i wouldn't go with anything fiberglass...especially living where we do..people will hit and crack ur shyt...:lol:

im with Blazed.. NY & NJ sucks!! bigg ass pot holes and whatnot all over.. i ended up takin my kit off 3 days after having the car painted, cuz i broke a side skirt and cracked the front bumper.. BTW im one of them people that u see doin about 50 turns while goin straight