Should I buy or no?

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=82071

I went to go see this the other day. It nneeds rotors, maybe an o2 sensor (I have one laying in my garage somewhere), and will probably need tires too. Its inspected until April and it has one dent on the passenger fender, still has the white pinstripes on the sides. I drove it and I've only driven manual in a focus, and I have trouble getting that into gear, but when I drove the teg, the shifts were smooth and it didn't seem to have any issues driving. Suspension seemed nice too. I would probably try talking him down to $22-2300 but I wanted to get your guys inputs before I go and get rid of my car for this. I'm just so excited to get a five speed.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk 2

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
His asking price of $2500 isn't too bad honestly. I mean... I know there are deals to be made in everything but really a 96 teg will never be worth less than say.... $1500 in good condition EVER. You know what I mean? IMO, $2500 is reasonable but of course try to get it for less. That's just good business.

With that said, I don't think I would buy it myself for more $1000. Looking at my past threads here, I flip Hondas weekly so for me, I'd buy under a grand and sell for over two like this guy. So... If you intend to keep it, then the asking price is decent. This of course is assuming this car is DD ready from day one.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I mean, the body has 188K, the motor was replaced and has less than 130k, the paint is chipping on the roof, it shifts really smooth, no leaks, and not much is wrong with it. Rotors and tires. Because of the paint and the that fender, ill probably try talking him down.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk 2

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Naturally. But an Integra will never be worth ZERO is my point. Where does it stop? IMO, $1500-2500 is the bottom of the barrel for a nearly stock Teg in solid driving condition. At the price you're about to pay, you should be able to get all or most of your money back fairly easily. Do your talking down, but don't fret over a couple bucks.

On another note, I bet if you kept looking you'd find a cleaner version with some nice upgrades for not that much more. Even though the bottom is pretty much at this price, the top isn't much past this either. I'd be cautious to pay more than $5k for even the most modified Teg (this year). But again, my opinion.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've been looking for awhile, a lot of what i've seen is junk, or I'm just too picky.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just got offered a 99 Civic EX five speed, 155k for trade.