Show off your head unit 7th Gen'ers

NSZteg

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Let's see your aftermarket head unit! How hard was the install? Any tips on making the install go smoothly?

EMIIspecED

TEAM OCELOT rep.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i've never seen, the only different head unit on a d17 block was from a d16y8

Silver Bullet

6 spd = titis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea lol audio wise

NSZteg

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jonathan2006, how was the angle of the Alpine to the driver's seat? Did it look good, could you see the display alright?

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
damn...if my 96 had a dual din spot like you 7th gen guys, i would be all over a dual din screen...even though a already have a single din flip-out screen :D

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my alpine deck.
too bad it was stolen a few weeks ago. i miss it.
Looks like you had to really pry off that center console to get the new HU in. What are all those marks from? I'll see if I can snap some shots of our 7th gen.

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Looks like you had to really pry off that center console to get the new HU in. What are all those marks from? I'll see if I can snap some shots of our 7th gen.
yeah i didnt know that it was bolted down and you had to take out the bottom by the cupholders.

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Jonathan2006, how was the angle of the Alpine to the driver's seat? Did it look good, could you see the display alright?
well because how the dashboard slants as it is, it was kinda hard.
maybe if i had eyebrow tint to block the glare it wouldnt have been so bad.
when i put the next one in im gonna hide it alittle bit and put it down by the cupholder shelf or cut a hole and put it inbetween the ac controls and the cupholder shelf.

deemrf2

5+ Year Member
I had the same problem with not being able to see the display, so I improvised and came up with a way of my own...

Not a big fan of duals but I needed a CD player at the time and I got it SUPER cheap (aka short on cash)...

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nice custom work deem

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I had the same problem with not being able to see the display, so I improvised and came up with a way of my own...

Not a big fan of duals but I needed a CD player at the time and I got it SUPER cheap (aka short on cash)...
what material did you use to mold that?
and is that a tweeter under the hu?

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
well here it is..

deemrf2

5+ Year Member
Thanks toneekay

what material did you use to mold that?
and is that a tweeter under the hu?
It's bondo filler... I had the stuff laying around and about $5 later...

Yeah, it is a tweeter... I don't like it at all I need to put something there to fill the space and that was the first thing in arms reach... I'm still trying to think up of what i want to do

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Thanks toneekay

It's bondo filler... I had the stuff laying around and about $5 later...

Yeah, it is a tweeter... I don't like it at all I need to put something there to fill the space and that was the first thing in arms reach... I'm still trying to think up of what i want to do
could try a guage?

deemrf2

5+ Year Member
could try a guage?
Yeah I thought about that but it's an odd place to read a gauge... I was thinking a remote radar detector would fit nice there... but that's alot of money for somethings thats only gonna work part of the time, I'm not sure, I'm in the process of lowering my car right now so the dash will have to wait for now as far as money goes.

dj_cronic_metal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so since we are on the topic of head units. Is there anything special to changing out a head unit on a civic. The code thing has always been somewhat of an intimidatation factor for me changing it in mine. Is there a diy faq or can someone explain