shruts bars or not?

dsgb091790

5+ Year Member
i just put some skunk2 lowering springs and some skunk 2 shocks on my car, should i get some shruts bars for my car and how much of a difference will it make if get some

civic0918

Registered VIP
get strut bars. If your as low as i am it helps alot from rubbing and you dont wanna f**k your fenders up do ya? Change your bushings asap i waited and now i got good ones and my car is even lower and im hitting my inner fenders alot so ima park my car i quit lol.

95CivyHatch

if you get any u might as well get them all upper front and rear and lower rear with an h-brace in the front my car handles like a dream

jeders

Guamster : ]
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yes, get at least the upper front, lower rear tie, and upper rear.

cornering as well will feel very nice. and yes, ebay ones will suffice. they're just bars that do the same thing, its just the name brand are a little stronger and they have a fancy name on them.

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

cornering as well will feel very nice. and yes, ebay ones will suffice. they're just bars that do the same thing, its just the name brand are a little stronger and they have a fancy name on them.
EH, my freinds dad owns schmidts salvage out here in Wi, We see alot of wrecked hondas come in. Seems the ones with ebay strut bars are always bent or broken, where as some of the ones with tanabe or dc are still in great shape lol.

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP

Ebay ones are made of shitty grade aluminum that will bend. The purpose of a strut bar is to tie the left and right of a 2,500 lbs. car together. Yes, they are supposed to do the same thing, but some do it better than others. And from what I've experienced, if the ebay ones are light, they are weak. If they are thick and hard, they are heavy and still weak. Also, you have to take into account, the mounting brackets. A good bracket will be made of high grade materials because the mounting bracket does double duty: it provides a place for the strut bar to mount and a it provides strut tower rigidity. I've bent the ebay ones with my bare manly hands. When it came to the DC Sports one for an ES2, my brother didn't know how to work a torque wrench and torqued it down so hard, the socket cracked and the torque wrench gauges screwed up. Both were craftsmen. The mounting bracket was fine. In my opinion, don't waste time and money on ebay suspension parts. If you have the money to do it once, do it right the first time.

CIVIC_VTEC

LOW AND SLOW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ebay ones are made of shitty grade aluminum that will bend. The purpose of a strut bar is to tie the left and right of a 2,500 lbs. car together. Yes, they are supposed to do the same thing, but some do it better than others. And from what I've experienced, if the ebay ones are light, they are weak. If they are thick and hard, they are heavy and still weak. Also, you have to take into account, the mounting brackets. A good bracket will be made of high grade materials because the mounting bracket does double duty: it provides a place for the strut bar to mount and a it provides strut tower rigidity. I've bent the ebay ones with my bare manly hands. When it came to the DC Sports one for an ES2, my brother didn't know how to work a torque wrench and torqued it down so hard, the socket cracked and the torque wrench gauges screwed up. Both were craftsmen. The mounting bracket was fine. In my opinion, don't waste time and money on ebay suspension parts. If you have the money to do it once, do it right the first time.
you can find expensive brand new stuff on ebay for less then the price of over payin fagg