so clean, my car's paint is so shitty... i envy your paint

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so clean, my car's paint is so shitty... i envy your paint
Yes, I was very fortunate. The chassis has 160k on it too. It was just very well taken care of overall and i've upkept the tradition :cool:

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow, i wish my car was as clean as yours....i can dream. the car looks great.

any advice on where I can get a hold of ctr springs/shocks? I'm currently on GC's and Skunk2 sport shocks and it's just too stiff for my taste....and i'm getting tired of coilovers. I want the oem ride back.....given your review, i'd say it sounds perfect for me.

I also hear it's a b***h to install a front sway bar. is it true? I have the asr + 23mm rear sway bar, which is great....but the front feels too loose. understeer or oversteer, I forget which one.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow, i wish my car was as clean as yours....i can dream. the car looks great.

any advice on where I can get a hold of ctr springs/shocks? I'm currently on GC's and Skunk2 sport shocks and it's just too stiff for my taste....and i'm getting tired of coilovers. I want the oem ride back.....given your review, i'd say it sounds perfect for me.

I also hear it's a b***h to install a front sway bar. is it true? I have the asr + 23mm rear sway bar, which is great....but the front feels too loose. understeer or oversteer, I forget which one.
Thanks. I just take care of it and do "tasteful" mods. I don't really like modding the car up with everything. It gets too busy on the outside IMO.

As far as the CTR springs / shocks. I've found them two places. One, down in San Diego via a private seller. And I bought mine from a guy in Canada for $150. I'll have to look up his seller name for you, it was from eBay. Personally, I love them. It drops just enough to not look like a 4x4, works in sync with OEM CTR sways (26 front / 23mm rear) and it doesnt scrap on everything. Plus, it rides smooth so I can actually drink my cup of coffee when I get home instead of cleaning it out of my car.

As far as the front sway, it's not TOO bad. I installed the em1 one on mine and it took MAYBE an hour. The hardest part was dropping the LCAs and getting it lined up, but overall it's not bad. What bar do you have up front right now, if any? Personally, I like a bigger bar upfront an a smaller in back, hence the (26 / 23 combo). It feels right on the line up neutral, but I can swing the back out when I want.

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks. I just take care of it and do "tasteful" mods. I don't really like modding the car up with everything. It gets too busy on the outside IMO.

As far as the CTR springs / shocks. I've found them two places. One, down in San Diego via a private seller. And I bought mine from a guy in Canada for $150. I'll have to look up his seller name for you, it was from eBay. Personally, I love them. It drops just enough to not look like a 4x4, works in sync with OEM CTR sways (26 front / 23mm rear) and it doesnt scrap on everything. Plus, it rides smooth so I can actually drink my cup of coffee when I get home instead of cleaning it out of my car.

As far as the front sway, it's not TOO bad. I installed the em1 one on mine and it took MAYBE an hour. The hardest part was dropping the LCAs and getting it lined up, but overall it's not bad. What bar do you have up front right now, if any? Personally, I like a bigger bar upfront an a smaller in back, hence the (26 / 23 combo). It feels right on the line up neutral, but I can swing the back out when I want.
I agree, I like my car looking simple yet different enough from plain ole stock. if you could hook me up with the seller, that would be great. and for $150? that sounds like a deal. i do love the dropped look, but i'm getting tired of it. especially the ride comfort.....but from what i can tell, the drop is perfect for what i want. and it doesn't look like a 4x4 at all.

Up front is just oem for the EX...22mm i believe? when i take turns too hard or too fast the front feels loose and the rear stiff. i'd like it to have more of a neutral feel. I guess I'll have to see if I can get a hold of an em1 and just have a field day working on the suspension.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I wanna hump the s**t out of that car...

Nine78Guy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks good man but i'm not feeling that oem rear lip.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I agree, I like my car looking simple yet different enough from plain ole stock. if you could hook me up with the seller, that would be great. and for $150? that sounds like a deal. i do love the dropped look, but i'm getting tired of it. especially the ride comfort.....but from what i can tell, the drop is perfect for what i want. and it doesn't look like a 4x4 at all.

Up front is just oem for the EX...22mm i believe? when i take turns too hard or too fast the front feels loose and the rear stiff. i'd like it to have more of a neutral feel. I guess I'll have to see if I can get a hold of an em1 and just have a field day working on the suspension.
Yeah, it was a steal. Especially because people try to pass off em1 suspension for that much. Ill see what I can do bro.

Yes, the EX front is 22mm.. so I think that the si 26mm would definetly help. I had the same issue before I swap the front and had the CTR rear. It was deja vu reading that paragraph haha. Anyhow, just make sure you get the EM1 Front LCAs, Shock Forks, Sway Bar, End Links and you should be good.

I wanna hump the s**t out of that car...
Fly to cali and ill let you ;)

looks good man but i'm not feeling that oem rear lip.
'

Haha you know what's funny is lately I haven't been so fond of it either. For now, ill probably leave it - but well see what happens. Maybe ill end up picking up the si one.

Thanks though bro :thumbup:

Last edited:

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, it was a steal. Especially because people try to pass off em1 suspension for that much. Ill see what I can do bro.

Yes, the EX front is 22mm.. so I think that the si 26mm would definetly help. I had the same issue before I swap the front and had the CTR rear. It was deja vu reading that paragraph haha. Anyhow, just make sure you get the EM1 Front LCAs, Shock Forks, Sway Bar, End Links and you should be good.
haha, great. thanks!

Scorchsta

huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Pure sex man. Ugh I wish my paint looked that good. The 6 hour highway drives kill my paint.

Love the suspension setup. ASR is definately win. Where did you get the 26mm front sway? My tail is a little happy with the stock 22 up front and then the 22 + ASR in the rear so I'm looking to upgrade the front.

I love how the tint flows with your paint. :drool:

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pure sex man. Ugh I wish my paint looked that good. The 6 hour highway drives kill my paint.

Love the suspension setup. ASR is definately win. Where did you get the 26mm front sway? My tail is a little happy with the stock 22 up front and then the 22 + ASR in the rear so I'm looking to upgrade the front.

I love how the tint flows with your paint. :drool:
Haha thanks bro. I'd imagine it's pretty tough with 6 hour drive :shock:

I just take care of it, that's all. No tricks or anything. I can't remember exactly where I got the si setup - maybe from a friend of mine in El Monte. All I remember is that is came complete with LCAs, shock forks, endlinks and the bar. The 26mm / 23mm setup is the CTR stock setup - part of my motivation to get it in the first place. I think I said it earlier, but Ill say it again - the setup is neutral for the most part, but when I want the back to slide... theres NO issues whatsoever :cool:

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Finally some pics to show off my brake work:

Upside down calipers?!?!? :shock:

Damn that's some small clearance between the wheel / caliper.

Plan on getting 2 piston front legend calipers here soon :thumbup:

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
only thing that really comes to mind is "less is more"

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice as always

Ay ur throwback picture. What rims was that? Msg me if u can
They were rota grids 16" in Royal Bronze with a Polished Lip

only thing that really comes to mind is "less is more"
yeah. It's not so much that I want the car to be "stock" or loaded with OEM s**t.. I just like it simple. It's like why put it on your car if you don't like it / it's not functional.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Got the new apexi ws2 on there. I love it. Don't mind the bumper, it's going into paint here this coming week.

Scorchsta

huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What an a*****e. Always have to show off that sexy car don't ya??

:lol: JP man that looks amazing.