Skunk 2 Cam Gear Question

Cobl18

Registered VIP
Hey guys im changing out my timing belt along with the tensioners and water pump and i wanted to change my cam gear. I was looking at the Skunk 2 pro series gear and was wondering if it would fit my engine? I have a d16y8. How hard would this be? thanks for your input!=)

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well do you plan on getting a more aggressive camshaft as well? Cuz if not a cam gear is really just a waste of cash lol

Cobl18

Registered VIP
hopefully over the summer. im going to get a skunk 2 cam and valvetrain once i get the cash that is lol. I was just thinking that since i was in there i might as well change the cam gear. so do you think it would fit? I know the aem will but i was leaning for the skunk 2 one. Thanks!

emerican

Registered VIP
as long as its the cam gear for your model than yes it will fit.
I would wait untill you where putting the cam in you would be back in there anyway and you will see no gains from it without the cam.

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My buddy recently put on some AEM Cam Gears on his stock H22. He knows their are no gains, he just likes the looks.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well theres that too^^ I'm hoping he has his valve cover cut then or else even the looks wont matter lol