Skunk2 And kyb

Rick James

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I Really Need Help

Ok i heard from imazn that the skunk2 coilovers will not work with the kyb agx shocks. has any one else had this setup? should i send the shocks back and get sumfin else and pay the 25% restock fee? i really need to know what to do?

Last edited:

Rick James

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no one can help?

JDM EJ8

Rocket Scientist
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i had skunk2 coilovers on KYB AGX on my 99 civic EX coupe. works just fine. one of the best budget setups around

Rick James

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
JDM EJ8 said:
i had skunk2 coilovers on KYB AGX on my 99 civic EX coupe. works just fine. one of the best budget setups around
how much of a drop did u go

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it is one of the best setup just because your biase. there is no "best" setup. maybe best setup for you. what im telling him is just what my opinion is and what i seen and test driven. all im telling u is that the spring rate on the skunk2 is high, so are the other coilover sleeves like ground control. if u already ordered the kyb then keep it. no point in paying for the bs restocking fee. you're probably be fine rolling around in them. but if and when they blow, just know to get an upgrade. cheers

JDM EJ8

Rocket Scientist
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i say its one of the best setups because i've tried lots and lots. one of the best i've tried in the price range.

i had integra skunk2s on AGX set to 3 fr and 3 rear, the type R motor made the front dip on civic skunks.

car was about 3" drop.

Bangin' HB

surfing member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you are iffy bout the shocks, sell them to someone else. figure out how much that 25% would be (figure they are about $400, so 25% would be ~100) so instead of loosing a bill, start asking at ~390 and let the bargaining begin. i look at it as: send them back, automatically loose $100. sell them to someone for more than $300, loose less, but hopefully you can get a good price for them and not loose as much. or possibly a trade? just giving you ideas...

JDM EJ8

Rocket Scientist
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i still say keep them. theres not much better out there for the price. your alternatives are: konis, illuminas, and thats pretty much it. i've had illuminas and AGX, they're close in performance but not worth eating money on the AGX to get the illuminas. i liked the AGX better anyway because of the ease of adjustment on the rear and the 8 way adjustability on the rear. koni yellows are great but a little more expensive.

unless youre going to super upgrade to some Tein Flex with EDFC (dont waste time with SS or basic) or Apex'i N1 full coilover setup, the AGX is pretty much the best until you step up to konis.