Skunk2 short shifter question - 99 Si

bkjj77

Registered VIP
Does anybody know if s skunk2 dual bend short shifter will work in a 99 si
I see that the sight only sells single bend shifters for civics and dual for integras
Also which shifter is better dual or single
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Single - Shifter sits further away from the driver. Dual - shifter sits closer to the driver.

I don't see why either wouldn't work as long as it's designed for the car. And this belongs in a tech section.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Personally I'd get a dual bend because I like to sit further back. Plus my arms are short. It all depends on personal preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KillaGuizEj8Si

Registered VIP
I think there is alot better things to buy for your car with $160 bro honestly wat makes u want this? bling factor??? maybe if we have a better idea of what you want we could better help you

bkjj77

Registered VIP
i want a short shifter and i want top of the line because every time i have bought something
for my car that is really cheap off ebay it always brakes or something and i end up spending even more

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
short shifters make a world of difference! the throws are crisp and precise and feel clean.

KillaGuizEj8Si

Registered VIP
wat are your follow up mods with it will you be changing your bushings also if so i suggest energy suspension

KillaGuizEj8Si

Registered VIP
errrrr it does come with the short shifter and knob. have you went under and looked the bushings if they are toast but while you have the car jacked up and you want those nice crisp throws then bushings will make a world of difference than old rotted oem bushings. I personally have energy suspension bushings and a gsr shifter linkage which is already dual bend. It does let u sit farther back in the seat

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a single bend shifter, its not a name brand or anything but it shifts nice. (it came with the car so idk how the transmission shifts without it but I have driven my bro's 5th gen hatch and the throw is reallllly long compared to my 6th gen)

edit: I have long arms and have the seat pushed almost all the way back and the seat slightly reclined and still have no problem reaching the shifter lol

bkjj77

Registered VIP
so what is the price range for energy suspension bushings
and would them sell them at auto zone

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can get all your parts from here and justin has great prices and service! ships incredibly quick too

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've driven a Civic with a short shifter before and hated it. I would say try the shifter bushings first and then get the short shifter if you really still don't like the stock shifter. The bushings do make a world of a difference though.