Skunk2 short shifter question - 99 Si

bkjj77

Registered VIP
When I look on the sight there isn't dual shifters for sale and the reason I want the short shifter is because of the shorter throw my car already shifts smooth

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When I look on the sight there isn't dual shifters for sale and the reason I want the short shifter is because of the shorter throw my car already shifts smooth
http://www.clubcivic.com/store/skunk2-short-throw-shifter_mp118.html

dual shifter for integra is the same as the si. they share the same shift linkage. 124.99 shipped

i recommend b&m, just as good and way cheaper. has factory bend which is what you want. 59.47 shipped

http://www.clubcivic.com/store/b-m-precision-short-shifter_mp286.html

Urethane bushings, 20.66 shipped
http://www.clubcivic.com/store/energy-suspension-shifter-bushings_mp100.html

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I love the short shifter. I think its one of the most worth while upgrades. I too got the energy suspension bushings and i love the way it feels. The shifting in the del sol feels tighter/shorter than in a civic already. Adding a short shifter and bushings made the drive so much nicer. It feels tighter/crisp.
One thing i didn't like about the short shifter is that it didn't have the same angle that the del sol shifter has but i very quickly got over that.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

The Integra and Civic shifters are not the same. The base where it goes into the linkage is wider on the Integra. You can still use the Integra shifter but you need to get a hacksaw and trim it down. Get the Energy Suspension bushings for the Civic, cut the Integra shifter and then use the new bushings and you're set.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

The Integra and Civic shifters are not the same. The base where it goes into the linkage is wider on the Integra. You can still use the Integra shifter but you need to get a hacksaw and trim it down. Get the Energy Suspension bushings for the Civic, cut the Integra shifter and then use the new bushings and you're set.
he has an si which is a b series shift linkage which im pretty sure are the same......and they have the same part number

del sol linkage is different

bkjj77

Registered VIP
i dont want to buy the wrong one which one...
Also no offense but if i can buy the shifter and knob for 155 shipped new

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont want to buy the wrong one which one...
Also no offense but if i can buy the shifter and knob for 155 shipped new
ah yeah we only have the knob shifter combo on here for 165 shipped...and everything is new lol

but why are you set on skunk2? its over priced for the same as b&m and honestly b&m is more reputable to me. they have been around since muscle cars were the big thing and are used in many cars used in racing

maybe im wrong, but im finding mostly that the em1 and integra work together. but wer are also comparing oem shifters.

*as i think about it. i put a short shifter off of here on my friends integra and it was slightly thinner at the base. which makes me think they are designed to fit both em1 and integra by just making it thinner

Last edited:

bkjj77

Registered VIP
i dont know i just hear good things about skunk2 and i will bying it knowing i have nothing but the best
idk it will feel good to know i got a SKUNK2 short shifter hah
but if b&m is better maby i can look into it

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont know i just hear good things about skunk2 and i will bying it knowing i have nothing but the best
B&M might not necessarily be better, but its just as good. and half the price. i have b&m and i slam it and it holds up fine. I mean they have been around since the 50's, and are used in racing such as top fuel and even have their own cars in it. you are buying quality..

i mean if you really want skunk2 then go for it, just trying to save you some money

KillaGuizEj8Si

Registered VIP
thats exactly what your doing is paying for the name bro

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I went with B&M because i know its a reputable company. Not saying skunk 2 is some shady company or not a good brand. Just given choices, i usually will not pick skunk 2. The short shifter does seem to be overpriced.
I'm sure if you get the skunk 2 you won't be disappointed. If you get B&M you won't be disappointed AND have a few buck to spare.
I paired my B&M shifter with this OEM knob

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
There is no way in hell I'd ever spend that much money on a stick of metal lol. The Skunk2, even with the shift knob, is incredibly over priced.

I have a B&M single bend shifter in my race car that I got pretty cheap from my sponsor. It's around like $55 from most places online though. And I got the shift knob direct from my sponsor(he designs/sells his own). They are great, shifts very smooth, the shifter itself is very heavy duty so no worries about breaking anything. Karcepts sells a very heavy weight(1.34 lbs) knob if you want heavy for a fair price. May not be as fancy with color numbers but w/e lol.

I can tell you from talking to my sponsor, there is no way in hell the Skunk2 shifter and knob is anywhere near $160 worth. It probably costs Skunk2 about $10 TOTAL to get BOTH of those items made lol.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There is no way in hell I'd ever spend that much money on a stick of metal lol. The Skunk2, even with the shift knob, is incredibly over priced.

I have a B&M single bend shifter in my race car that I got pretty cheap from my sponsor. It's around like $55 from most places online though. And I got the shift knob direct from my sponsor(he designs/sells his own). They are great, shifts very smooth, the shifter itself is very heavy duty so no worries about breaking anything. Karcepts sells a very heavy weight(1.34 lbs) knob if you want heavy for a fair price. May not be as fancy with color numbers but w/e lol.

I can tell you from talking to my sponsor, there is no way in hell the Skunk2 shifter and knob is anywhere near $160 worth. It probably costs Skunk2 about $10 TOTAL to get BOTH of those items made lol.
amen brotha. truth be told

Scott183.

I know this thread is a couple months old, but I did not find the need to post a new one. I just ordered the 45047 B&M dual bend for my '00 EX and nowhere can I find the spec of the shifter knob threads. I want to order a weighted knob, but need to find the proper thread size before doing so. Thanks

mad.em1

Hey
bkjj77,

So what did u end up getting?
I am undecided on what to get too, if Skunk2 or B&M short shifters!! :S