Skunk'd out Vinyl Look opinion

gotz02skate

5+ Year Member
Hey fellas.. ive been very interested in getting vinyl wrap on my Hood, roof and trunk looked at some spots but im curious to whether it would look as good as it does on the Evos that i see it with..

For those that dont know what the skunked look is . Its White Car with Black Hood, black roof, and black trunk. giving its the appearance of... You geussed it... a skunk.(also works vice versa) .I would most likely go with Glossy vinyl but still debated matte..

Here is what my whip looks like... I know in order to do it i would tint my windows...

Anyone got got comments, suggestions (other than drop< to do list >) . Leave the burns at home fellas :-)

thanks

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Do it

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
do it, but not the whole hood. i think it would look way killer if you only did the high section of the hood, and leave the low portions on the sides white. i think that would look sweet.

Detroit ricer

not bad very clean, just change the tailights, add some lips its too plain!

gotz02skate

5+ Year Member
i might play with paintshop and see how that looks with just the high part.. but yeah i need lip drop and all that but right now its just my little turbo charged sleeper x-)

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
One thing to keep in mind is the hell you are going to go through if you ever want to take it back off. I really debated doing this to mine (not the skunk look, just matte black on a carbon colored car) and had a good conversation with the guy that owns a local shop that does cars for us at work. He said that the vinyl comes off very easy but 70% of the time you are left with a hood, roof, and trunk covered in sticky goo that is a b***h to get off. I debadged my sportbike and the sticky goo was a nightmare to get off. I can't imagine doing almost a whole car's worth of that sticky stuff.

Just something to keep in mind that they don't tell you from the start, in case you change your mind down the road and want to redo or repaint the car.

Good luck. Interested in seeing how it turns out if you decide to do it.

gotz02skate

5+ Year Member
good work man! :-D i m gonna spray my grill white boarder... and go back to oem headlights but good s**t man i like that look

gotz02skate

5+ Year Member
would u be able to make an edit to it where the part of the hood that is rised black and the rest of it white...

if you got time that is... i tried but failed miserably