slave cylinder went out

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
pretty sure my slave cylinder went out on the way home today. the pedal went limp. and it didnt want to go into gear. is it normal for it to grind for a couple seconds when it goes out of gear? cause i can get it out of gear at a certain rpm, then it grinds a bit.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
anyone? is the grinding normal under the circumstances?

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea grinding will happen if your clutch is not working properly. sounds like your slave, or your clutch fork went

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the slave cylinder had been going out. ill order a new one today. hopefully get it tomorrow.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
slave or master, hopefully just the slave.

did you leak fluid?

Normally you can pinch the slave boot and if it leaks all over, it's the likely culprit.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
pretty sure its the slave cylinder. funny part... to get it from napa $19.99, summit $12.99+ shipping, honda factory direct with employee discount $56 and some change.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
replaced the slave cylinder. i bled it, and its still not going in all the way and it tiks whenever i let off the throttle and it doesnt go in enough to go into gear. is it the master cylinder? its not losing any fluid, but it worked enough to bleed it. and once the car is on it doesnt have a lot of pressure against the clutch.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i had a similar thing happen to me awhile back i thought it was the slave cylinder but it turned out to be a broken clutch fork.

symptoms: can't get it into gear, harder to push down on the clutch, etc.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
pushing down on it isnt the problem, the problem is theres not enough pressure to push it all the way in. i think ill go ahead and order the clutch mc now and hopefully have it in a couple of days.