sleeve coilover and shock combo ???s

Rocko790165

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Im thinking about doing a dropzone sleeve coilovers on toki struts. Do you guys think this would be a good combo or would it be really bouncey and uncomfortable to drive. Any opinions would be awesome thanks.:cool:

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dropzone is a pretty cheap brand, from what ive heard the ride is not the greatest

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, don't do Dropzone.

SilverY2KCivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Back like 5+ years ago, DZ's were crappy. Who knows how they are these days with the way overall quality of things is going south. The ideal combo always was and still is GroundControls over Koni Yellows or Reds at the least. Tokicos aren't bad either. In all honesty though, NOTHING beats true full coilovers. I have Tein SS's and they are going strong for me for 7+ yearts now! Yes years! Never even had them overhauled yet in fact though they probably really should be. But you can get decent to good height only adjustable ones for maybe $200 more than you'd spend on a good sleeve/shock combo. If you go GC's and Yellows, then you'll be paying about the same really. Tein Basics are under $700 I believe and you can get Omni Powers for even less. You won't get a better ride comfort and quality than matched springs to shock like you get from true coilovers. I'd stay away from the DZ's though, even way back, the ratio of complaints about them verses good comments was like 9:1...