slim fans review

emerican

Registered VIP
I know the basic rules about ebay, but i was just curious if anybody has had any experience good or bad with ebay slim fans.
If anyone has another cheap brand to suggest feel free i know messing with cars isnt cheap, but cant pay what summit and some other places want for fans with a new baby and all.
Its not something i have to buy, but its something im interested in for my 98 ex, so just please let me know if you have any experience with them or any advice to offer on the subject.

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I had one on my old si. worked just fine.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know the basic rules about ebay, but i was just curious if anybody has had any experience good or bad with ebay slim fans.
If anyone has another cheap brand to suggest feel free i know messing with cars isnt cheap, but cant pay what summit and some other places want for fans with a new baby and all.
Its not something i have to buy, but its something im interested in for my 98 ex, so just please let me know if you have any experience with them or any advice to offer on the subject.
Yeaahhhh :D

You're back! My buddy Michael has one on his 99 ex. He's had it on their for almost a year no with no trouble.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I liked when i used a slim fan...wasn't bought off of ebay, but they are all very similar. It moved a lot more air than the factory fan which meant it didn't have to run for very long to keep temps under control. I think they are a worthwhile upgrade

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
One of the fin's broke off of mine, idk how that happened. I only had it for like 2-3 months and I got it for like 20-30 bucks off ebay.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i had one on my old car, lasted for a long time and its always good that you can put it in front of the radiator or behind it

emerican

Registered VIP
yeah thats true^ i think once i get my check im going to go ahead and order them
Anybody know what size the fans should be?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Stock radiators can fit 12" fans. I had a10 on mine and it was great but it did leave a good amount of space for more cooling

emerican

Registered VIP
Alright so just to make sure child i can get 2 12 inch fans for my 98 ex and they will both fit.
i havent messed with fans really just motors so how should it be hooked up to push air correctly?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Only one fan unless you're running a full sized radiator. They can be setup to push or pull, so its your preference.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I ran an eBay 10" slim fan on my boosted B18, and it worked great. I had it on there for a year and about 4 months, until I sold it. Zero problems.

emerican

Registered VIP
very true im running the half size stock radiater so ill go with the one 12 inch i really apperaciite all your guys help even mods have questions lol.