Sloth's Black 98 ex

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd get the 3" intake for the CTR motor. That skinny intake will restrict airflow more than you think.

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Car is going downhill...

Sloth_homegrown

yeah im still debating if i should paint the car white or repaint it black though cant really decide but i do also like the blue i do plan on getting some normal rims that arent blacked out but i got bored with the ugly rims lol so decided to paint them .

Sloth_homegrown

Hey guys havent checked in a while cause well really nothing has happened -_- i bought some rota flashbacks but then the company couldnt find them so i just got refunded ..... >.< ... anyways im getting some money soon for the b16 swap or h22 swap i still cant decide . but i do have some password jdm marker lights being shipped right now and a type r poly lip . my next priority is painting that dam annoying fender :O its bugs the hell outa me being primered lol and then getting some wheels on it and buy some coilovers . well i will post when everything comes in and after i instal them cant wait . oh btw my wink broke >.< so back to stock mirror

Sloth_homegrown

ok so i got some stickers and put them on my car cause i got tired of waiting for my parts to come in but they get here in three days!!! anyways heres a pic of my team's sticker

and i ordered the DOHC VTEC stick but since i dont have my DOHC yet i cut it in half and put the vtec on :P

also i painted my brake caliper red just for a change

and thats pretty much it for now just waiting on my lip and side lights =)

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks pretty good so far! I actually really like how the tailights look on the black. lol I even like the rims

97ek_coupe

Update: switched taillights with a friend just to see what they would look like on my car ... but then his car got totalled by a drunk driver so my old tail lights are dead..

also got bored with the ugly rims so a painted them lol also got some springs and got the correct fender for the car cause whoever had it before me had the wrong fender on it -.-

anyways thats it for now im waiting on my GF to buy me that b16 >.< will update when anything changes
wait, your going to let your girlfriend buy your engine swap? seems a little much doesn't it? if she is already paying for your interior and paint then why is she buying you your engine aswell?

it feels good to work and pay for your own car, at then end of the day you can look back and say, thats my car, no one elses. at the rate this is going, god forbid it happens, but what if she leaves you? with the car?

just some food for thought.

Sloth_homegrown

yeah well she isnt buying me anything anymore cause i want to do it myself lol but my plans did change for this car i either wanna repaint the car blue and get some white slipstreams or other rims and just make is a hellflush civic thats really clean looking or repaint the car black and order some slipstreams and paint them flourescent orange :P but if i do go black i want all carbon fiber fenders and hood and lips but if i go blue i dont want the carbon fiber just the lips . but im just going to turbo the d16 since noone in my town has a turboed single slammer. but i do plan on getting another car that will be rear wheel drive idk what i want yet maybe a FD or a 86 . not to sure but guys dont worry i know my car is ugly right now but i will make it look good and it will be how i like it .

Sloth_homegrown

just got some NGK spark plug wires and my new fogs just installed them both on my car!! :D

yay now waiting for the slipstreams to come in =))))

Sloth_homegrown

In the daylight . i love the way fogs look on my car lol im slowly starting to like the way my car looks lol next is the headlights i wanna order the ones i was supposed to get in the first place . and still waiting on my new rims..... -_- i hate waiting lol im tempted to buy more stuff with the money i have for the tires lol

Sloth_homegrown

put the slips on my car finally and then some stupid high school girl hit my driver side mirror so now i ordered a new one ..... :,(

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Wow OP. In about 2-3 years youre going to look back at these pics and think, "what the fuk was I thinking?"

RIP 98 Civic. You lived a nice 13 years..

Sloth_homegrown

Also ordered some tien coilovers and i think for christmas im getting a new paintjob but blue or red !?! i cant decide lol also going to get all the other suspension bling like strut bars and s**t lol and hopefully some better lugnuts . until then hate on my car idc =)

AirheadEK

Your headlights dont look to bad with the HIDs, but in the day your car looks soooo heat. The build seems to be going downhill quick, and also seems all over the place. Ordering a B16 to turbo but you also might keep the D series and turbo it to be different? Orange slipstreams on a blacked out car.... Just my 2 cents it's your build though