10+ Year Member
Bought my self a birthday present with the help of uncle sam and my tax return:

1987 Toyota 4Runner SR5
Rebuilt 22RE, 5speed manual trans, 4wd, pw/pl, sunroof

Mods:
Napa version of the Optima Bluetop under the hood
More coming

Plans:
Clean out the interior, Inspect all the wiring, fix the charging issue, get matching rims, identify and fix/patch rust, fresh undercoating, Rhino or otherwise line the interior, pull dents, paint, small audio setup, foglights, lift/wheels/tires

Progress:
So far I've had the truck 2 days, and am almost finished gutting the interior.
I only have some weekends to work on it, and a limited budget, but I hope to have it tagged, and on the road by Mid-May. Why May? At the end of May, a few buddies and I are going to Acadia up in Maine, and I hope to bring the runner.

Pictures:
When I brought it home-

My ghetto rigged shelf in the garage for storage-

Progress-

Trash-

1999stockaccord

Honduh's... LULZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I still have the accord, only addition to the accord were some sweet OEM winter floor mats (THANKS TOM)

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sweet yoter. That shelf is about like mine, only I used osb wood on top of tires.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Very nice toy :thumbs up.

My buddy bought a 94 Jeep (4WD, 5SPD, 6cyl) with 230k miles for $400. No leaks, no squealing, no issuses at all. He then spent $150 on used off road tires, slapped em on, and we went 4-wheeling in his back woods. Thing is a f**king champ. We were climbing over logs, going up hills, over 4/5ft snow mounds... All he needs is a lift kit (which he plans on getting by summer) and it'll be even better.

I'd like to purchase a nice fun 4wd, 5spd truck if I could afford one...

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
swap it comon those ifs years blow i am gonna be getting one of those really soon i hope, i think that i am gonna get an 86-88 and do a solid axel swap to dana 65's but i love your new toy sooo neat been in love with those for a very long time

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you should track down the OEM turbo from the Tacomas and throw that on there.

1999stockaccord

Honduh's... LULZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks for the comments guys, it took me a while to track one down for a decent price, that was actually worth the money, so far i am very happy with the find, not too many surprises... YET...

I was thinking about a SAS (solid axle swap) and possibly turbo'ing it.. i drove by another 1st gen, almost identical, only in a s**t ton better shape, and it was the turbo SR5.. too bad i was in my work truck, i would have stoped and talked to him... eventually I might do both of those plans, but the main goal is to have it rock solid on the road for may, and by then i'll be good and poor...

i started the list of stuff that i would like to see happen by the end of may, most of it maintance wise... the other stuff might not happen due to my budget... I'm also cooking up plans for a custom rear setup (think sleeping platform wiht tools and storage underneath..... MAYBE a built in cooler.... a few audio tricks as well... but anything besides maintaince (fuilds, fuses, filters, tires) is going to be secondary, and will be cut if time or budget doesnt allow..

I'll try to update this when I update the YotaTech thread, but no promises

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
my neighbor has one for sale for $200

1999stockaccord

Honduh's... LULZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I haven't had much time to work on it lately, put in 2 days of work on it in the last 2 weeks.

Progress Update-
Replaced- Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, alt, and starter (thanks Slowens for the help Saturday)
Removed- doors, rear seats, and most of the carpet
Other- Laid down one coat of Plasticote roll on bed liner to the bed and top of the rails.

Pics-

As you can see, still got a lot to do.

Random story- About 7pm on saturday, slowens, zak, and I all decide we are going to get some work done on the truck. So we drive the hour and a half down to my sisters where the truck is. Slowens and I start checking everything with the handy BluePoint volt-ohm meter, and determine the alt is bad. So he starts pulling out the old starter and alt, I get to work on some smaller interior work, zak makes sure we both have drinks. After that, and getting the doors off and testing the window motors, its close to midnight. To make sure the new alt is working we check it with the meter, then for good measure go for a midnight ride... all 3 of us. Slowens drove, I sat in the pass, and zak just kind of hung out in the back. Keep in mind we have no tags, registration, insurance, mirrors, doors, top, dash lights, seatbelts, and all of us left our liscense in the garage... and its close to 30degrees out. We get to the first interesection and what should we see, blue and red flashing lights.... s**t... luckily that cop was busy and had someone else pulled over, so we quick throw it in reverse and haul ass the other way. The truck drives great and runs smooth now. Once we finish our little ride, we hide the truck back in the garage and head home. Got back at I think 2am...

1999stockaccord

Honduh's... LULZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
UPDATE:
Scrapped the deep cycle for a Optimia Red Top, the napa version was crap.

Began painting it the other day, lower is roll on liner, as are the rail caps, side is a special flat black... Crappy cell phone pics to go with the crappy paint job
Door after 1st coat-

Side

Where the gray is left on the door will be the location of the wide pinstripes, top Orange, bottom will be Maroon

Still working on the interior panels, and getting it legitly on the road... Top will be the same flat black as the body...

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
that thing is a beast.

Doesn't look half bad.

1999stockaccord

Honduh's... LULZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Put 100 LEGAL miles on it yesterday Finally got it tagged and insured. It was nice out, had the doors off, top off... added some cheapo mirrors for legality.
Part of that was offroad, including a trip around a abandoned 4wheeler/dirtbike track... and a small trail along a stream.

1999stockaccord

Honduh's... LULZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did a little work on the rear interior the other weekend before heading to Maine, made custom panels

They are one peice from the door jamb to rear gate on both sides.
Fairly simple construction, I used hardboard (think clipboard material) and fabric/backing. these are prototypes right now, probably be replaced with something sturdier, either MDF or marine plywood.

The goal was to have a close to stock look, one peice, with speakers and reuse factor compartments for rear seats.

I think they turned out decent for a 3 hour job, and under 40 bucks.

Pics-
Test Fitting:

Backing and fabric:

If you have any questions, PM me, and I can help walk ya thru making some.

1999stockaccord

Honduh's... LULZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Almost forgot... took it from DE to MD to MAINE this past week. Went camping with Slowens, Max, and Zak. A few shitty cell pics, more when we get Max's camera back here
custom junkyard 16" rims, with FREE BFG A/T KO's:

They were off a chevy, slowens had to cut out the hubs to fit, nothing a grinder couldnt fix..

ZOMG no door!

JDM Fogs=street race cred

Truth:

Had an unplanned mod after getting caught with no top/doors/sunroof in maine.. had to pull the front carpet and will be rollon bedliner covering it...