So the D16y7 has died :-(

rayaccord101

Registered VIP
So im driving on the highway doing about 70 when I hear a clicking noise then 2 seconds later i hear this noise that sounded like i grinded a gear and then a huge cloud of smoke and my engine shut off. I pull over and notice oil leaking from where i believe is the oil pan. I try to turn the key and it turns over but it wont start. Now im wondering if i just blew a gasket or if my engine siezed. If it did my friend is going to give me his LS that he has along with the axles and ECU. Now my next question is will i need anything else cause the engine is OBD1 and my car is OBD2. I know i need a OBD1 to OBD2 wire harness conversion, but is there anything else needed. If anyone has a good write up on this please send it my way. I greatly appreciate any help.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn sorry to hear that bro. I get scared for my d16y7 that I have in my 93 hatch. I hate beating on it. I don't know what you need. Ym

rayaccord101

Registered VIP
or if u read in the post my friend is giving me his LS from his 92 teggy. Hes gonna give me his complete engine axles and ECU i just needed to know if there was anything else i would need like can i use the motor mounts that are on the teggy or do i need to get some custom made. will the exhaust of my civic fit with his engine etc...

EKHatchB18B1

i just finished ls swap into my ek.... get y8 harness pretty much plug and play just dont plug in vtec parts....ull need rear t bracket from 99-00 si,99-00 si driver side mount rest stock mounts work.and ull need conversion harness unless ur running obd2 ecu.... also u will need conversion for dizzy civic is 8 pin and ls is 9 pin. i think so anyway...

rayaccord101

Registered VIP
alright thank you very much. And no the ECU is OBD1 so i will need to get a wire harness conversion. I just joined an auto school where I can work on my own car so before i put the engine in imma taake it all apart and clean everything up and since im doing the swap in my school its free :-)

EKHatchB18B1

alright thank you very much. And no the ECU is OBD1 so i will need to get a wire harness conversion. I just joined an auto school where I can work on my own car so before i put the engine in imma taake it all apart and clean everything up and since im doing the swap in my school its free :-)
right on man if u get caught up nad not sure send me a pm me and my friend just finshed so we ll can prob help u.good luck

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you do a google search there should be a site listing what you need to perform the swap you are going to do.

clicky

google is your friend

rayaccord101

Registered VIP
aight word good looking out. I'll deff be letting you know if I get stuck anywhere. As soon as i put my friends integra shell on CL and take the engine out i'll start a build thread.

rayaccord101

Registered VIP
aight so i searched and it only talks about 90-95 civics. So do the DA integra axles, halfshaft, motor mounts, and distributor work for a 97 coupe? and what about exhaust can i just use the catback exhaust I already have?

EKHatchB18B1

aight so i searched and it only talks about 90-95 civics. So do the DA integra axles, halfshaft, motor mounts, and distributor work for a 97 coupe? and what about exhaust can i just use the catback exhaust I already have?
im almost certain u can use da integra axles,halfshaft, cant use integra motor mounts... but u gotta use a integra b series distributor and exhaust will have to be slightly modified.