SOHC 1.7 into 95 Hatch

99CivicSiBrian

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Word.
I read something in SS or Sport Compact Car that gutted a D17 and put the internals into a D16 block, thus stroking the D16 out to a 1.7L. If you could find this article, maybe you could do that and have a pretty cool setup.
B

destructn

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So what would I need for an LS swap? Everything is here minus the dizzy, mounts, harness, and ecu if needed.
What year integra is your LS swap from?
Different years will entail different parts being needed, such as obd1 or obd2 conversions.. your car is obd1. if your LS is from a DA INTEGRA you will also need a cable to hydro clutch conversion...

you will need atleast the following if you do not have them already...

motor (longblock)
tranny
axles
ecu
harness
b-series mounts
header/manifold

and you might think about changing while the motor is out of the car

water pump
oil pump
timing belt
clutch & flywheel--> for peace of mind

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Word.
I read something in SS or Sport Compact Car that gutted a D17 and put the internals into a D16 block, thus stroking the D16 out to a 1.7L. If you could find this article, maybe you could do that and have a pretty cool setup.
B
I beleive its the natural gas model that the parts fit into the d16, lowers the compression quite a bit, but harder to find then vitara pistons, but its great for turbo.

destructn

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I beleive its the natural gas model that the parts fit into the d16, lowers the compression quite a bit, but harder to find then vitara pistons, but its great for turbo.
if its only the gx models that get it then yea, like he said its going to be damn near impossible to find the parts... might as well spend the money on aftermarket internals...