sohclubkid's CM8 Accord 6/6

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I picked up this little gem a few weeks ago, figured id share. 04 Accord V6 6 speed. I love it!

sry for the crappy cell pics :oops:

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Any plans for it?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks super nice!

97civicMan

Knucklehead h8r
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks nice!! A decent drop and wheels and she will be clean and simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Proper interior color AND gearbox!
These Accords in this form, look real good IMO and I don't say that about a lot of later model Accords.:lol:

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
niceeee, the v6 manuals are sweeeeeettttttt. love that body style and the ones before it.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Proper interior color AND gearbox!
These Accords in this form, look real good IMO and I don't say that about a lot of later model Accords.:lol:
indeed! i only liked the 95 accords, untill these came out in 03... i remember seeing the v6 6speed option back then and saying "ill own one of those some day". lol

niceeee, the v6 manuals are sweeeeeettttttt. love that body style and the ones before it.
thanks man, this is by far my fav body accord. looking to get the HFP lip kit in the future to enhance it some.

very nice im liking it and your plans sound good man.
thanks!

6-speed thats awesome! Those are hard to find. Looks real good!
yeah they are!
i was surprised to see one pop up locally at a car lot... so i had to scoop it up. 1 owner car with all service records from honda :D

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this is a basic how to for installing SuperPro poly compliance bushings on the 7th gen accord chassis.

As you probably know, the OEM rubber compliance bushings are terrible and dont hold up very well. A couple other members on here and myself decided to give these SuperPro poly ones a try.

Benefits of the poly ones are, ability to add caster for performance, and much longer life of the bushings themselves.

Here is what you get.

**NOTE: These are updated instructions from SuperPro per my request, you directions may look different.
**NOTE: The directions ARE FOR RIGHT HAND DRIVE ACCORD. Please consider that while reading the instructions.

Lets get started.
First loosen the lug nuts, jack the car up and secure it on jack stands. Remove the lug nuts and wheels.

In the front of the wheel well, you will notice your compliance bushing. This is what we are replacing.

You will need to remove your lower controll arm completely to replace it. It's best to work from the front (neaest the brake disk) to the rear (nearest to the motor).

Spray all bolts and nuts you will be removing with PB blaster!!!

Remove the cotter pin from the lower ball joint castle nut.

Loosen the lower ball joint castle nut and pop the ball joint loose.
This is usually a pain in the ass, but I have a great method for doing it.
Place your jack under the lower controll arm (not on the castle nut, but behind it) and jack up about 13 inches.
Take a craftsman (must be like mine in the pic) 3/8" ratchet and slide it next to the ball joint as shown.

Drop the jack quickly, and it should pop right off. If not, try again.
Here is a video link of this method in action. Honda/Acura painless ball joint separation - YouTube

After the ball joint is seperated, remove the strut forks lower nut and bolt.

Remove the sway bar end link nut
(sorry, no pic :( )

Remove the bolt at the rear of the control arm nearest the cabin

Then remove the compliance bushing bolt.

Remove the lower controll arm.

I had to jack the front hub up a bit to get enough room to get the LCA out. I used a pry bar and small hammer as well. lol

Here's what my passenger one looked like! :eek:

You will need to take the LCA's somewhere to have the old bushings pressed out and the new SuperPro ones pressed in. Luckily my buddy at Honda did it for me for free.

Go to your local dealer and ask for the torque specs for the front LCA's and they should print you instructions for re-assembly of the LCA's with the torque specs on them.

Re-installing them was a bit tougher than removal, but just take your time and it will go together.

Here is a pic of LCA with SuperPro bushing installed.

Now that you're done, get an alignment and enjoy! :up:

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Awesome car man, i've always wanted to ride one of these just to see how a v6 pulls...

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Awesome car man, i've always wanted to ride one of these just to see how a v6 pulls...
thank you! its smooth thru the rev range 1st gear goes quick, 2nd spins quite a bit, and 3rd always has a nice loud bark ;)

i should be getting mods in july or august... ill update when i do.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what mods?
well, end of june im driving to the ECHM and meeting with a V6P member and picking up a spare motor, new passenger seat, cluster, and center console.

i would like to get my coilovers by august.
looking to get an 06 odessey intake manifold and make a 4" CAI for it and possibly a catback too possibly in july.