Some kind of leak, HELP!

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I popped my hood today, and look what i found.

Where do you think this is comming from. The leak looks right below my head but more on my transmission than anything. I cant figure out what kind of fluid this is, but oil level is good, and so is my coolant.

I did however leave my car in 1st gear, with the ebrake on the other day, and started her up....BOOOM! after i let go of the clutch, could i have Fed my tranny?

Blk05Civic

Reppin HX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
transmission?

ive got the same leak, and it covers only the transmission mostly..i am pretty sure its the tranny..mine needs to be replaced anyway

imbcruz

ItsMeBraulio!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
does it feel like oild or antifrezze ??? it it's antifreeze it's coming from the housing on the upper hose... i have the same thing happening....

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cant really tell cuz its dirty.

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ahh just as i was trying to take more pics, some Fing guy started a fight with me. So now im kicked out of the underground garage. haha so depressed, i dont wanna take her to a shop!

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh and i think its my tranny. Is it cuz im using penziol synchromesh? shall i switch back to honda MTF?

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
YoungKadafi said:
oh and i think its my tranny. Is it cuz im using penziol synchromesh? shall i switch back to honda MTF?
If it s synthetic oil i heard that it starts to leak after a while. check ur distributor seal

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i dont know how valid this is, but some v8 guys i know say that once you use synthetic its harmful for the engine if you go back

henkz0r

Unobtanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
YoungKadafi said:
If it was your tranny leaking, it wouldn't be leaking there. There is no oil from your tranny that goes in the bell housing. All of the oil for the tranny is in the transmission case, which is not even shown in your picture. The transmission case meets the bell housing about 2 inches more to the left of where your picture ends.

I have this same leak and am convinced it's the head gasket. There's no oil above the exhaust ports, which if there was would point to the valve cover gasket. The leak is below the head and above the block.

If you look at your pic closer, almost all of your oil is actually on your block; the block stamped code is caked in oil (or coolant).

I also replaced my distributor O-ring, hoping that was the problem. And while it did need changing (dry-rotted), it did not fix the leak.

imbcruz

ItsMeBraulio!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

check that man sorry to be so getto.. but start your car and look around there for leaks.. i'm pretty sure it's coming from there... i have the same problem

Kryten

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Shiznit said:
i dont know how valid this is, but some v8 guys i know say that once you use synthetic its harmful for the engine if you go back

not at all...

if you use good quality oil ie: castrol, valvoline etc. and change the oil and filter every 3 to 5k miles (depending on driver habits and location) then you wont have any problems going from synthetic to conventional oil.