Some motherfuckers tried to steal my car!

DjTripp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn dood. Glad to hear that they didn't get her

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sorry to hear about this,

Do you think they were trying to steal the car or the stereo. What good would slicing the battery cable do? You can't steal it without a battery in operation. :what:
They probably at first tried to steal the car with the thought of it not having a working security system. Then once the alarm starts going nuts, they cut the battery to try to cut off power and kill the alarm and steal whatever they can. Then once they figured out theres some sort of backup power source, they just start cutting whatever they see to try to cut off the backup power source from feeding the alarm. Then once they figured out they wouldn't be able to do anything, they bounce before they get caught.

And all of this happens within a few minutes of course.

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Do you think they were trying to steal the car or the stereo. What good would slicing the battery cable do? You can't steal it without a battery in operation. :what:
:word: i was just thinking that. they could always do the kick start thing if its on a hill or somthing

jdmjdm

5+ Year Member
Full coverage and make sure little things like after market stuff can be insured. Depending on the insurance company, they should insure it if you give them a copy of purchase reciepts. A buddy of mine has things stolen off his Mazda and it was all insured so he got $ for it.

Ltrain

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if u had a pager alarm u might have caught them in the act....assuming u dont have 1

ravelco.com....best s**t out there

Civic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was thinking that too, maybe they wanted to steal the car and didn't know there was an alarm, but once the alarm went off they panicked and started trying to kill it. Slicing the cables maybe could have not been planned?:what:

Is your flashing LED in plain sight and easily seen? If it is then they had to know the alarm was there so maybe they were just going to steal stuff in or on the car?:?

I'm sorry to over-analyze this, but I just want to try to get in the thieves head to try to prevent other thefts from happening from this instance. There was obviously something they thought they could get, stereo, parts off the car, or the car! If they wanted to vandalize then it would have been easier to shatter windows, slash tires, etc...

IDK, I wish I knew their motive

Slashing the battery could have been done after they sliced the siren panicking trying to kill the siren.

Seems like and it was a pointless mission. Sorry for the damage to the car

chow

Its hard to convert KMH
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
holy moly that sucks, your very fortunate.

roaddogg3034

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ive gotten very paranoid cuz of s**t like this. id like to drive my car more, but im scared to park it somewhere for more than 5 minutes.

Civic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ive gotten very paranoid cuz of s**t like this. id like to drive my car more, but im scared to park it somewhere for more than 5 minutes.
I know what you mean man. I have an under the hood stock car w/ a few external cosmetic mods and I like it for how it is but it sucks being under the cops radar all the time. So do worrying about it being stolen too!

I promise you if I get one stolen attempt on my car, I am selling it and getting something else. It is just not worth it me no matter how much I like it to worry constantly.

I will get a 4 door Accord and call it a day. I know there up on the list too, but not as bad as the Civic I think

Double D

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sorry to hear, but atleast it's still in one piece. Too bad those girls didn't get a better id.

Thank god for living in BFE...they're too busy tippin' cows out here, heh. Although, it does seem like more mexicans are migrating into this area...s**t! lol

Civic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Migrating Mexicans. My neigborhood has grown dramatically since I was born. I am half hispanic and half white and I don't know spanish at all and it sucks. There are more jobs if you are billingual and my block has fiestas every weekend. I've gotten immune to it. I actually go to the neigbors every summer because they sell menudo. Ghetto Mexicans I know, but the menudo is damn good!=)

Sometimes you just gotta say "F*** It". For the most part they don't mess with anyone and the only annoying thing sometimes is the music, but then again, that makes me hungry for Mexican food.

Mexicans are the first people to help push your car when it breaks down. Of course, our Hondas don't have this problem:lol:

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea screw them theives, i hope i dont affend anyone but i when i read the title i knew what kind of people did it, a few of my friends have had their cars stolen or completely stripped and everytiime they have been found where those people live, im lucky enough to be able to park mine in a garage at night, but if i take it anywhere im pretty paronoied about it. sorry to hear that man, but like you said atleast they didnt get it, that would blow like no other.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think im gonna glue some razor blades to that cable so if anyone tries to grab it they will set off the alarm while they cut their fingers off...sorry to hear man. I've had some close calls with my car, I have some decent theft deterrents thankfully. I guess that just goes with the honda badge I guess.

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
buy a beater and drive that around...
I went 1/2 on a "beater" with a friend but the "beater" has an sr20det =)

They disarm the alarm so that they can tow it away man

:word: i was just thinking that. they could always do the kick start thing if its on a hill or somthing
they are kick starting s**t with my autolock on

if u had a pager alarm u might have caught them in the act....assuming u dont have 1

ravelco.com....best s**t out there
no i dont but i want one but i dont want to feel like i wasted $500 on the set up i have now!

I was thinking that too, maybe they wanted to steal the car and didn't know there was an alarm, but once the alarm went off they panicked and started trying to kill it. Slicing the cables maybe could have not been planned?:what:

Is your flashing LED in plain sight and easily seen? If it is then they had to know the alarm was there so maybe they were just going to steal stuff in or on the car?:?

my led is where the stock door tweeters are, and they had to have nown i had an alarm because they opened the hood and not the door, and and the did it so my primary alarm wouldn't trip off, and they didn't know about alarm #2

I'm sorry to over-analyze this, but I just want to try to get in the thieves head to try to prevent other thefts from happening from this instance. There was obviously something they thought they could get, stereo, parts off the car, or the car! If they wanted to vandalize then it would have been easier to shatter windows, slash tires, etc...

Keep in mind this is a parking lot of a bar i dont think shattering a window would have been a good idea with an alarm thats vibrate sensative and right in fromt of a bar with bouncers outside

IDK, I wish I knew their motive

Slashing the battery could have been done after they sliced the siren panicking trying to kill the siren.

Seems like and it was a pointless mission. Sorry for the damage to the car
Glad they didnt get it, Do you have fuel cutoff switches?
workin on it, got some new shtis today but im not going to talk about it because i fear the enemy may very well be lurking this site

Gs-r_328

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn that sucks.. i know how that feels my gsr was stolen @ the amc theater on western (for the chicagoland ppl) it was on the parking lot.. when i came out it was gone... im not sure what my friend oscar.. ejsrule did to his civic but he put a switch straight to the gas pump or something... so when u click the switch and turn on the car it will die after a few seconds because deres no gas going to the engine.. ill ask him and ill post back later with exactly what he did

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ravelco is the s**t ..... you know its good if its the ONLY alarm that gets recognised on insurance in mexico.

Ls-HatchBoy

Honda Whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well what has worked for you so far is working i would sudgest putting in a fuel cut off switch hidden somewhere just in case they do get that far..