Votes: 1 5.6%
  • boost the d16y8

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
TO stay as low a budget as possible, and on a d-series, just get a td05 from an eclipse/talon. Grap a cheap intercooler kit off ebay for ease of use. The td05 has a wastegate already so BAM thats out of the way. And a decent cheap BOV is the turboxs RFL. I had this set up on my old eg on 8lbs and it pulled pretty good. I dont think your gonna make the power you listed tho. As far as a manifold you can us an HF manifold off a crx and get the adapterplate for the manifold to the turbo, thats like $60. everything should run you under a grand minus a tune. But for the power your looking for t3/t4 will be too big. YOu can get a good tune for around $300 or so.

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
TO stay as low a budget as possible, and on a d-series, just get a td05 from an eclipse/talon. Grap a cheap intercooler kit off ebay for ease of use. The td05 has a wastegate already so BAM thats out of the way. And a decent cheap BOV is the turboxs RFL. I had this set up on my old eg on 8lbs and it pulled pretty good. I dont think your gonna make the power you listed tho. As far as a manifold you can us an HF manifold off a crx and get the adapterplate for the manifold to the turbo, thats like $60. everything should run you under a grand minus a tune. But for the power your looking for t3/t4 will be too big. YOu can get a good tune for around $300 or so.
Well, at first when I just get boost without the built bottom end I'm looking to make about 200whp. So ya all that stuff you listed sounds nice but I'm gonna look around cause I think I can get some of that stuff from some guys in town. Which would maybe be cheaper and also no shipping =) . And I don't exactly know what you mean the t3/t4 will be too big? like how it spools? you mean it's too small? idk.

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I mean a t3/t4 is a larger turbo, it spools at a higher rpm. They shine on b-series engines, especially with built internals. But on a d-series you need something smaller like a tdo5, 14g, or 15b, all mitsubishi turbos. The d-series will actually push those turbos and they spool faster. Plus they can take some power, my buddie makes 240 on 12 lbs, turbos been good for close to 14 months.

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I mean a t3/t4 is a larger turbo, it spools at a higher rpm. They shine on b-series engines, especially with built internals. But on a d-series you need something smaller like a tdo5, 14g, or 15b, all mitsubishi turbos. The d-series will actually push those turbos and they spool faster. Plus they can take some power, my buddie makes 240 on 12 lbs, turbos been good for close to 14 months.
Really? nice I'll have to look into that. Thank you. And is he getting that 240 on stock internals? I just need something to compare to, ya know?

Also, is there anything I need like bolt ons to go with the turbo? like radiator, intake mani or anything? just curious.

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No he has arp head studs, cometic gaskets, different piston rods, some fuel upgrades, etc... You shouldnt need anything else. You can run all stock parts on 8lbs. obviously your gonna need exhaust. Assuming your engine is healthy and all you should be fine.

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No he has arp head studs, cometic gaskets, different piston rods, some fuel upgrades, etc... You shouldnt need anything else. You can run all stock parts on 8lbs. obviously your gonna need exhaust. Assuming your engine is healthy and all you should be fine.
Ok awesome. Ya I was planning ( like I said in the first post ) to build the bottom end like that guy in summer 2011. So yea. Just gonna do the boost and tranny swap next summer. But ya I'm gonna look into those turbos too. I heard t3/t4 's will spool at 2500rpm or so. Will the ones you mention spool lower than that? or did I hear wrong on the t3/t4 's ?

Edit: Also does anyone have an suggestions for any of the following:

intercooler
downpipe
exhaust mani
exu program
blow off valve
wastegate
gauges
tranny - I was thinking LS as I'm building a circuit car and not a drag car

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Can you please explain to me how you plan to mate a d-series motor with a b-series transmission?

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Can you please explain to me how you plan to mate a d-series motor with a b-series transmission?
Ya sorry guys. Good call man. I was talking to a guy today that swore he heard it done before. I just did some research a bit ago and realized bolt paterns are all off and stuff. Sorry guys, im still kinda a noob.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no, your other thread wan't deleted. It was moved to the correct location. It's in the site rules about posting in the correct location so I suggest you read the rules before making another post....

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=56317

next time search your threads before creating the same thread over. You can do this by looking at your own profile. To get there just click on your screen name on one of your posts. ;)

here's the link to your other thread.

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=173372

if you want, I can merge the two. just pm me if that's what you want but for now, I'm closing htis.

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
have you ever been in a civic with 350hp? a eg with 200hp is faster than 90% of the things youll run into on the road....if you made 350 youd need shocks and tires for traction, sleeves, oiling kit if you do a lsvtec, head studs, concave pistons, rods, bearings, stronger axels, lsd tranny, bigger injectors, colder plugs, bette wires, external ignition coil......the list goes on and on
Yea I knew about that stuff. Wouldn't I almost need new axles for around 200whp?
Also this is a very long and slow build. I'm not shooting for the 350whp til summer 2011.
And also can't stock sleeves go up to ~400whp.

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You should document everything you do... as I may be taking the same or a similar route. =)

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yes sir. May I remind you it will be slow. Also maybe I should make a build thread?
Sure, sounds great.

And as for the speed... it's similar to mine; I also plan to boost this summer and build the following.

Should cash allow. :roll: