something's burnin my firewall

Y0$hi

I was driving home from work ,when all of a sudden I smelled burnt plastic. then my head lights turned off. lucky for me i was a block away from my house. so I disconnected the battery and looked everywere for burnt wires. I found No burnt wires. But I found 2 bur marks on the fire wall. 1 right above about 5 in above the ECU and the other one behind were the brake lines connect . I checked the battery cable since it has it relocated to the trunk. I cant figure it out. all my wires and fuses are ok. .

Modest Throttle

Registered VIP
Are your headlights working now or are they still messed up? Sounds like something went wrong inside your dash and possibly burnt through to the firewall. Give more info if you can.

Y0$hi

all the lights work , head lights wich are hids, all turn signals , everything electrical works in the car. the onlything new that i installed were sum jdm fog lights, wich I now i wired them correctly and used 2 relays and fuse, one for each fog . it has wire tuck so pretty much all the wires are inside the dash behide the radio. I inspected Every single wire but no of them are burned. I do noticed that everytime I start in the morning the battery feels low on charge. I checked the battery and alternator with a tester and there both good..:(

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
...the fack?

Modest Throttle

Registered VIP
yeah it sounds like it has to be some electrical issue then, it's weird that no wires are messed up tho. Somethings gotta be going on in there. Your grounds are all good right?

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
were you going super fast? friction?

So...scorched firewall, no burnt wires...no clear indication where its from...

Do you smoke?

Y0$hi

I think I was going about 40, and no I don't smoke. The only thing I can think of doing is disconnecting the fog lights since this burn happened about 2 week after installing the fogs with hids.Other than that Im friken Clueless.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think I was going about 40, and no I don't smoke. The only thing I can think of doing is disconnecting the fog lights since this burn happened about 2 week after installing the fogs with hids.Other than that Im friken Clueless.
....the f**k. :what:

Y0$hi

I Finally found the burnt wire. its on the connector for the head light its a fat red with yellow line. now I just need to know why its burning. I fallowed the wire and it leads to the fuse box under the driverside . that end of the wire isnt burnt. could it be the part with the turn signal and the head light switch?