Sound System, Failed bass hits

Eg Hatch 93

alright, i have 2 dual coil audiobahn dub 12"s in a non ported box in my eg with a SSL 2600 watt amp.
with the bass and slam all the way up, it doesnt hit hard at all, i under stand that it may be because the subs are 2400 watts a piece, and the amps on 2600, but i tried with just one sub and it still hit the same. i am getting 2 12" INFINITY reference 1260 watts ea in the mail soon so hopefully those hit, but for right now, id like to know what the problem may be? also, when i DID have my 2 farad capacitor in, it was making a loud whistling noice, and then it made a "pssssst" sound like a soda can opening, and i quickly turned my car off and disconnected it as i thought it was gonna pop, and help is greatly appreciated.

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
All subs perform differntly. U need to find the sweet spot on the amp for that particular sub model.

Has far ad the whinning sound that's called alternator sound. U need to separate your rca's n power wires better n find a better ground

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

Eg Hatch 93

All subs perform differntly. U need to find the sweet spot on the amp for that particular sub model.

Has far ad the whinning sound that's called alternator sound. U need to separate your rca's n power wires better n find a better ground

how do i seperate the RCA's ? they're a connected wire, and my ground is at the bottom of my hatch, under the spare tire cover, on the chasis, i even grinded the paint off for a better connection, also the i have all 0 gauge and 2 gauge wire, and that whinning sound is deffinetely coming from the capacitor, unless you mean something else.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im assuming u bridged your amp correctly?

Pictures would help us help u!

Eg Hatch 93

Im assuming u bridged your amp correctly?

Pictures would help us help u!
i will go take pictures right now, my friend is the one who set it it real quick, some wires dont have connectors on the right now, and they arent soldered on until i put my subs in the box.

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
how do i seperate the RCA's ? they're a connected wire, and my ground is at the bottom of my hatch, under the spare tire cover, on the chasis, i even grinded the paint off for a better connection, also the i have all 0 gauge and 2 gauge wire, and that whinning sound is deffinetely coming from the capacitor, unless you mean something else.
seperate the rcas from the power wire. They should only be next to each other when connecting to the amp.

did the whining nose increase as engine speed increased. If so that's alternator/engine noise

Decipher

Registered VIP
Sounds like you've got your speakers wired up incorrectly. There's no reason why a sub and amp combination of those specifications wouldn't hit, unless A) the subs are blown or B) they're wired out of polarity. Check your s***

Plus, if you wired a cap wrong(guessing from the sounds you described)... there's a chance you could've blown the amp altogether. 2 Farads aint no joke....

Eg Hatch 93

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

those wires are just disconnected for the time being, but the power and ground are corrected, the one just laying there goes in to the empty spot.

and a nice little picture of her in the fresh snow, puttin in new 50/50 smoked tail lights tomorrow (:

grounded on a bolt to the hatch for the time being.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It could be a lot of things, but its probably something simple!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats a disaster and ur subs r wired wrong!

Eg Hatch 93

Thats a disaster and ur subs r wired wrong!
how are they wired wrong? i didnt do any of this lol, i dont know s**t about car audio, my friend did it, but it seems he doesnt know much about it either anymore, even though he placed third in the droptoberfest bass contest.

Eg Hatch 93

once again, i did not do any of this, and if youre referring to the two red wires, theyre obviously not connected because i havent bought connectors yet, or solder, and im not putting that on until MY subs are in and hit correctly.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ur ground is supposed to be a chassis ground, not a random bolt.

I dont even know where to tell u where to start except unplug everything before u burn ur car to the ground!

Eg Hatch 93

unless someone can give me a step by step so i can do this myself, im just gonna wait for my subs to come in, put them in the box, and bring this s**t to best buy and pay the 60 dollars for them to rub one out in my car for 3 hours while they do it right.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I suggest taking it to somebody that knows what theyre doing..

No offense man, but done once, done right!

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just because he plpaced did mean that he is the one that installed it, he may just know how to tune it

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
also, if you would like even though i am only running one sub, not two, i can take a picture of how mine is wired for you tomorrow morning that way you have a referanc as for the right way to plug all the stuff in so that it will actually work and not run the risk of burning your stuff up.

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
just because he plpaced did mean that he is the one that installed it, he may just know how to tune it
There is this guy I work with running 2 rockford t2 n a 25 to life amp. Boy does his s**t hit hard. He places in compations also. But other then that he don't know jack s**t about car audio.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
unless someone can give me a step by step so i can do this myself, im just gonna wait for my subs to come in, put them in the box, and bring this s*** to best buy and pay the 60 dollars for them to rub one out in my car for 3 hours while they do it right.
All that exposed wiring... a short and a couple sparks later, car's on fire.
But yeah honestly if you're wanting to run that big of a set up and you don't know what you're doing, take it to a professional.