Spark Plug Wires

sarquez

5+ Year Member
Just need some help with those spark plug wires.

Have to change mine, and they were changed to a Unknown crapy brand, now I'm about to get some new ones (as the car presents many problems).

What Wires do you recommend? Original Brand or NGK? They say NGK is pretty good too? Or is it just talk?

Thanks!

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
MSD Superconductors :thumbs up

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think OEM is NGK.

sarquez

5+ Year Member
Thanks guys, to me in Brazil it is much easier to get those NGK.

I've seen those MSD 8.5mm but I think they are fake (some chinese suck up).

ohsnapzitzmeng

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i was in the same situation as you were. i was thinking hmm $100 honda wires or $50 NGK wires, so yea i ended up getting NGK as they are also a really good quality brand. i was really satified on how good their quality is

sarquez

5+ Year Member
i was in the same situation as you were. i was thinking hmm $100 honda wires or $50 NGK wires, so yea i ended up getting NGK as they are also a really good quality brand. i was really satified on how good their quality is
ohsnapzitzmeng, thanks for the reply... They are not as cheap as the originals, about 40 bucks. But easier to find, Honda dealer is asking me about 5 to 10 days to deliver those. A parts shop next to my house will deliver in 1 day! That's what really bangs down Honda here at Brazil.

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i got a problem with my bosh wires keeps bakin off of the plug what can cause that to happen
Does it happen on all of the wires, random wires, or a certain one (few) each time?

How old are the plugs? Did you torque the plugs correctly?

How old are the wires?