splashguard dilema

ekn00b96

ok so im looking at my splashguards yesterday cause i was gonna remove them, cause im lowering the ek soon and im also rolling my fenders. but when i pulled it off, the rear of the splashguard was literally the only thing separating the elements from the inside of the fender, and when i open my door, i can see all the way through. and i dont mean a little tiny spot. i mean i can see my entire interior from my wheel well with the splashguard gone. is that normal? has anyone had any problems with rust or interior leaks or anything from removing their splashguards??

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
really?......:( you do realize that not all civics come with splash guards right? Honda hasn't been selling civics for ages that require splash guards to keep the elements out of your car.

ekn00b96

well i looked at things and a lot of people are referring to mudflaps as splash guards, and im referring to the fender liner plastic s**t. and every car i've owned prior, the fender blocks off all that s**t. its never been open. im just asking if its safe man.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok, even the fender liner....I have them removed purposely to fit my wheels at my ride height. again there is no problem. Many people ride without them. yes when you open your door you can see your tire....but when your door is closed, its sealed off. that's what the weatherstripping is for. A fender liner is no fool proof method of keeping outside things out of your car. its just an extra barrier.

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok, even the fender liner....I have them removed purposely to fit my wheels at my ride height. again there is no problem. Many people ride without them. yes when you open your door you can see your tire....but when your door is closed, its sealed off. that's what the weatherstripping is for. A fender liner is no fool proof method of keeping outside things out of your car. its just an extra barrier.
This.

Plus it Doubles as weight reduction ;) lol

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i hate when i see i a car with no fender liners, makes em look like s**t.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:( lol

satin black paint ftw