Spoiler Installation

Ace92028

Gold Member
I have a 2002 Honda Civic Ex Coupe and i was thinking about putting a factory style spoiler on it because I dont want to pay 400 more dollars for the same looking thing. Anyways sence its not the actual factory oem spoiler, honda will not install it for me and a lot of body shops in my area dont deal with aftermarket idems. Im just wondering if someone has purchased an aftermarket spoiler and had to play with the wiring or if the spoiler was actually smaller/bigger then you thought. Also if i should spend 250 bucks for someone to install it or attempt to do it myself.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I think you should attempt it yourself. Some companies will supply a template for you to use for the holes. If not, you should be able to easily make your own template with a large piece of paper, large ruler, a little common sense, and A LOT of checking and rechecking your measurements.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the one i got from ebay was about 150 bucks with led lights and Dupont paint the color was a perfect match also the size. it did not come with a template but you can purchase them separately. i never installed it because i just changed my mind about the look .the company was called California Dream.

Ace92028

Gold Member
The spoiler i purchased only cost 103 dollars, painted with instructions and template and all nesessary hardware to get the job done. If your looking to get a spoiler for cheap i would recommend autowingandspoilerking on ebay. Seller told me that i shouldnt have a hard time installing it because the instructions for installation come with pictures to make it a breeze. Anyways im going to try and attept it with my brother and I.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Just make sure that you seal it properly. I had an OEM spoiler on my last EM2, and I still got water in my trunk. Its a shame, I love the way they look. I just dont think I will get one on my new EM2. Other things I would like to put the money towards......
Sorry for straying. Make sure you seal it properly :lol:

johnrobert227

I also have a 2002 ex coupe and did the same thing by buying the cheaper on and I installed it myself. It honestly was a very simple install i just had someone help me line it up. Turned out perfect wiring was very simple and it has been years since I put it on and still in perfect shape. Shouldnt have any problems with this installation at all

Ace92028

Gold Member
Just make sure that you seal it properly. I had an OEM spoiler on my last EM2, and I still got water in my trunk. Its a shame, I love the way they look. I just dont think I will get one on my new EM2. Other things I would like to put the money towards......
Sorry for straying. Make sure you seal it properly :lol:
When you had water comming into your trunk. Was it from the hardness for the thirdbrake light? or was it from the bolts that are holding the spoiler in place? It comes with a Grommet to prevent this sort of thing. Did yours have a grommet to prevent water from seeping in?

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yea it had the rubber grommets, and I tried tightening it down too. Nothing helped. Then again it could have also been coming from the sunroof......glad I got out of that EM2 when I did. The tray underneath the sunroof was off track and water was getting EVERYWHERE. I first noticed a problem when condensation would build up, it was water just sitting on the inside windshield. Next the carpet just started getting soaked. Luckily by then, I was already gone :lol:

raz18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
get it off ebay, color matched. with templates. Its about 10 min job. very easy.