Spoon Style Front Lips

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Does anyone know where to get a Spoon lip like this? (Yes..I realize it says "EG" but it's on an EK...lol. That's not a concern...)

The picture is from an eBay add... The add SHOWS this lip on the car, BUT the actual lip itself that is pictured by itself, looks nothing like it. It's flat, and cheap looking.

Every eBay add I've seen for "Spoon Style" lips look flat, and nasty like below...

I had a Spoon lip like pictured in the first picture...I got it from SpeedFiends..but he's MIA. So...now I'm left searching. I've noticed though, that the carbon fiber Spoon lips ARE like the regular, non-cheap, Spoon lip (pictured first). I'm not about to spend $300+ on a lip that will get destroyed on a daily driven, lowered car.

So...does anyone have any insight?

CO671

Registered VIP
Im on my phone ATM so cant backtrack or reverse search that image for you, but...
I hate to burst your bubble if you werent aware, most replica/ebay dealers use genuine parts in their photos (ie: steal the photo from the internet) and then use it to advertise their replica which usually is not even 90% similar.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im on my phone ATM so cant backtrack or reverse search that image for you, but...
I hate to burst your bubble if you werent aware, most replica/ebay dealers use genuine parts in their photos (ie: steal the photo from the internet) and then use it to advertise their replica which usually is not even 90% similar.
Oh I'm well aware they use legit parts for photos, and have replica's that look different. But my issue is, that I once had a lip that looked IDENTICAL to a genuine lip, that was a replica. I know they're out there...I'm just trying to figure out where. I'm not new to the Honda game/scene. I'm well aware how it all works...use a genuine picture for advertising, then provide a shitty replica which looks nothing like it...it's all a huge part of the cheap, knockoff eBay game. I don't play that game myself...hence why I'm looking... Yes..I'm looking for a replica lip...BECAUSE I don't want to spend $300+ on a genuine lip that WILL get destroyed by daily driving.

CO671

Registered VIP

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
...did you even read the first post?

Ohhh! Now I get it, when you meant first picture, you actually meant the "EG Advertisement" not the first photo of the replicas.
No problem man, I'm with you on that. No need to spend so much if it's a daily that you use and not hardpark and show.

edit: anywho, that reverse image search led me to this photo:

on this thread
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2013640

which directs to this site:
http://www.jdmcarboy.com/

and this part:
http://www.jdmcarboy.com/product.php?id_product=233

THANK YOU! $60 actually is a good price IMO. Especially if fitment is spot on. I'm just worried about shipping to the east coast... :roll:

CO671

Registered VIP
Dude, it actually is. I'd rather pay for a replica spoon lip since EVERYBODY AND THEIR GRANDMOTHER has a replica CTR/OEM/SI and a replica mugen lip....

edit: at least you can probably purchase it :(

I hate how Guam isn't included in most shipping options when we are US territory anyways. Maybe if I do consider purchasing from this site i'll contact the admin. Hehe, thanks for bringing up this concern! Glad I found another shop to bookmark!

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've gone throught CTR/Si/Mugen lip phase. The ONLY reason I have it on my EG1 right now, is because it was literally $30 shipped to my front door. I'm a Spoon person. I don't care for anything Mugen. Mugen is 'fanboy' to me. Spoon is legit, good quality stuff.

Just be cautious ordering form JDMcarboy. I've heard some pretty bad stories about them....