SRI on 95 civic?

Gdinsky

I was looking to just mess around with my car and some of the easiest things ive found to do is change the intake. Im not the most advanced with this kind of stuff, but i can do it. I wanted to start with the short ram intake because, well, its easy to do. I dont mind about the "HP" ill "gain" but just trying to do stuff since its starting to get nice out. I live in MD where the weather hasnt made up its mind yet and its about to snow.... Again. After it being 60 degrees today. It usually gets really hot here though and i dont want to risk "heat soak" as ive found on other parts of the web. Would this be an issue or should i have nothing to worry about. Any other recommendations? Thanks.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
<- From MD. Heat soaking is more of an issue with boosted cars. Putting an aftermarket intake on a n/a motor won't have any ill effect. Go for it.

maritimer

Assuming you have the original motor in the car, an intake really won't provide much, if anything hp wise. Some people do like the look and sound though, I personally prefer a stock intake with a drop in k&n panel filter. As far as heat soak goes, if the filter is near the backside of the passenger headlight, you have nothing to worry about.
Thats my 2cents

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk 2