Stance is all messed up.

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
I put some 15" wheels on my car. For some reason I have a 4"gap from tire to fender on the passanger front. Drivers side front is 3" my car didn't sit like this before. The tires are the same so its not to a different profile tire.

My only guess is the strut n spring got stretched n need to settle. I drive over a 100 miles today n nothing has changed.

As far as alighnment goes the car feels great. Its not pulling to any side at all.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What size were your old wheels and tires?

What is the tire size with these new wheels?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds like ur coils arent seated right. Raise the car and see if u can wiggle the spring to seat it...

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If it's stock suspension, they springs are always loaded and won't un-seat. If it's an adjustable coilover type suspension, the spring could have not seated correctly, though after ~100 miles of driving, they should have seated. Not to mention an un-seated coilover spring shouldn't cause a rise in a few inches for the height. Maybe half an inch or something at most.

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
If it's stock suspension, they springs are always loaded and won't un-seat. If it's an adjustable coilover type suspension, the spring could have not seated correctly, though after ~100 miles of driving, they should have seated. Not to mention an un-seated coilover spring shouldn't cause a rise in a few inches for the height. Maybe half an inch or something at most.
Its only a 1" difference. Yes its 100% stock suspension set up.

However I will check how there seated 2moro before work n give them a good shake just in case

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't see why this maters but ill grab the sizes when I get home from work

I know you said in your original post the profile's are the same from your previous tires, but the width plays a factor in that as well.

I know with experience with my daily driver that a stock size 185/65R14 is definitely NOT the same as a 195/65R14. When I went to a wider 195 tire, the overall diameter changed and the tires are taller/fatter making for a higher ride height but less gap between tire and fender.

Just making sure both the wheels and everything about the tires are exactly the same. If there is a change, that could be a factor.

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
Tires on the new wheels r exact. Same make/model/profile/ tread wear

They was already mounted on the wheels. The wheels came off of a gsr. All I did was remove my wheels n put new wheels on

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok.

Have you recently checked your bushings?

I suppose it's possible the stock suspension "stretched" though it should return fairly quickly. The spring can't come off the spring perch. This is the whole reason why you have to use a spring compressor when disassembling the stock suspension. Simply raising and lowering the car without touching the suspension really shouldn't cause any problems and I can't see how the spring could possible move in any position.

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
Ok.

Have you recently checked your bushings?

I suppose it's possible the stock suspension "stretched" though it should return fairly quickly. The spring can't come off the spring perch. This is the whole reason why you have to use a spring compressor when disassembling the stock suspension. Simply raising and lowering the car without touching the suspension really shouldn't cause any problems and I can't see how the spring could possible move in any position.
I haven't checked my bushings.

Ride height was fine untill I swapped wheels. Didn't touch my suspension at all

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Soory figured u were on coilover sleeves...

kwiks93

Check and make sure under your factory coil wraps one isn't broken, cause thats how I found mine.