Started the de-ricing of my tezzas...

MorphiasX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks

Hmmm... didnt think about a how-to... there isnt much to it... All ya do is LIGHTLY sand the part your painting with wet/dry sandpaper(the dark gray/black one)... Then mask off the parts ur not painting, and tape a bag around the back... Then put 2-3 light coats of the paint on, letting it dry for atleast like 2 hours between each coat... Then put 2 coats of clearcoat.... Let it dry completely, and throw em on... I can put a how-to together if you think one is needed...

Bangin' HB

surfing member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the whole thread is pretty much a how-to. just gotta turn 6 pages into 1 or 2 post.

Saryon

[ Saucebox ]
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that is insanely hot... NICE frickin job on that man!!! I love it. I'm thinking i want to mod the tail lights on my Z now *holds his chin pensively*

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
damn steve, they look great =)

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey, looks good. . . still kind of ricey IMO... but hey i still like it... nice job :thumbs up

still stickin w/my OEM tails though, lol

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i'd rather have oem tails too... but great job in dericifying... i have this thing for EH hatchies and their rearend. . . ever since i first saw this blue snatch with the stock tails... i dunno why, but i love how the amber looked with the blue, it was very very nice...

oh btw, i just bought some diecast cars... a suzuka ms-t, an ferrari enzo, and a "super smooth" 40s-50s flatbed pickup

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
oh, so you guys CHEATED

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i didnt..... but i know about the trunk... a friend has a ford truck similar to that...and the ferrari is a given

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wanted to do something with new tails, but so many of them look pink when the light up, so I don't know

york2600

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Those look like the 50/50 altezzas I keep seeing on 5th gen Accords. They look nice. Even if altezzas are ricey or whatever I still say they look good.

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm just taking the tape off of my tails that I did exactly like those. Hopefully it turns out like the blue hatches.

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hell yeah i like the way the tezzas look after painting them, i think i might try that with mine

MorphiasX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by AnimlMother
how many coats of candy apple did you put on, and where did u get it?
I put 3 coats of candle apple red... And i got it at michaels craft store.. You can get it at any hobby or craft place prolly... Its model car paint... Its "Testors" candle apple red tranparent paint... Theres a pic of the can on page 1...

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Originally posted by AnimlMother
how many coats of candy apple did you put on, and where did u get it?

walmart has it for... $2.87 plus applicable taxes

cosmo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by MorphiasX
ignore the orange tinge to the brake lights, i dunno why it turned out like that...
]
If you were to use a red bulb they wouldn't light up orange. Ever learn the " R O Y G B I V " filter principle in physics? The red filer allows some orange through, and seeing as the factory bulb is a orangy/yellow color thats what you see. =) hope that helps you out.

MorphiasX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They dont light up orange... the picture came out that way though...

integeritis

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you like sleepers and Altezzas are on (slow, bad, rice, ya ya) wouldent it be a good idea to put them on your so fast street car