steering wheel opinion/help

what steering wheel should i get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blackfade

ok so i like both of these steering wheels, but i would like your opinion and vote on both of them, thank you!

1st one

(i like this one because the H logo in the middle would color coordinate with the rest of my car and is visually appealing to me, and i have cruise control which could be directly set up with this one, something that i dont like is that the steering wheel itself kind of "sinks inward" and does not have a dual-horn button layout)

2nd one

(i like this one because of the overall look of it looks nice, i like dual horn-button layout on it [much like the stock steering wheel that i have now], something that i dont like is that the red H does not match the rest of my interior or look of the car, and im not 100% sure if my cruise control could be set up with this one)

please vote and tell me which steering wheel you think i should get
thanks!

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What makes you think the cruise will adapt to either one? I haven't heard they can be switched around. Same as the airbag.

Blackfade

What makes you think the cruise will adapt to either one? I haven't heard they can be switched around. Same as the airbag.
oh no dont say that!!!! so wait are you telling me that both the cruise control and airbag wont be functional if i swap my steering wheel for one of these?!?

Ron...

5+ Year Member
with the s2k steering wheel there are some modifications that need to be done for the airbag to work, which can be dangerous for various reasons if done incorrectly. The 2nd wheel (my vote) is my favorite because of how awesome it is, and it should be plug and play for the ek as long as you get an ek one (no eg or dc2 ones, they wont fit at all). Not sure as far as cruise control.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Airbag is failtastic anyways - Cruise control is ugly on Civic's under the hood soooo... Problem solved !

Blackfade

thanks for all the info so far, this is good, oh and please MORE VOTES it would be nice to have at least 10 so i could really make up my mind...and sounds like the things ive seen and heard on other threads and forums arent true or not worth all of this trouble of getting a new steering wheel :(

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, it definitely depends on what you want out of it. Do you want your cruise and airbag or are you just going for looks? I put an aftermarket one in mine because I wanted to put a quick release. Plus I don't care for the crappy airbag and NEVER use the cruise control. I also wanted it for looks as my stock one is faded and plain.

Blackfade

Well, it definitely depends on what you want out of it. Do you want your cruise and airbag or are you just going for looks? I put an aftermarket one in mine because I wanted to put a quick release. Plus I don't care for the crappy airbag and NEVER use the cruise control. I also wanted it for looks as my stock one is faded and plain.
well yes im not just going for looks but i want it to be fully functional at least the airbag yikes :shock: