Stock Stereo question 2002 Civic

2002 Civic Ex

5+ Year Member
I have searched and searched this site but only see info for 2000 and under.
I am looking to hook up my amp and 10's but need to know how to get the stereo out.
Also is it possible my stock CD deck is better then my $150 pioneer?
I know stock CD decks cost a pretty penny.
They must be good for something!
Please be nice to me.
I'm only a girl :D

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh those are fun, i dont' remember off hand w/o looking at it but i'm sure that someone will chime in w/ something for ya

2002 Civic Ex

5+ Year Member
Pain in the ass huh?
Maybe that is why there is no info on the s**t. :lol:
I could just go have it done but I want to do as much to my car myself as I can.

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2002 Civic Ex said:
Pain in the ass huh?
Maybe that is why there is no info on the s**t. :lol:
I could just go have it done but I want to do as much to my car myself as I can.
lemme see here, there should be some screws underneath the counsel above the shifter, then there shuold be some by the glove box possibly and you'll prob have to remove the panel underneath the steering wheel, then pretty much just remove them panels and then there should be some screws holding the climate control in (very similar process to the 00 and below)

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Getting an 02 HU is a HUGE pain in the ass. You have to take apart the center console to get to two little screws beneath the climate control area. Then the entire bezel has to come out. There are 12 or so clips that hold it in. It's really tough to pull that out in it's entirety (no other choice though). My cousin ended up taking out the two center vents so they had something to grab, then we held our breath as we pulled REALLY hard to get it out. Luckily, we didn't break anything.

G/L. BTW, I have an 01-05 trim kit for a single DIN HU if you want it. Just paypal me shipping costs. Nothing wrong with it.

2002 Civic Ex

5+ Year Member
Looks like it may be in my best intrest to just pay to have the s**t done. I don't want to break anything.
Man it is hard to look at those subs sitting in my closet.
I just bought the car and am currently broke!
I'll get there.
Thanks guys!

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
may be your best bet, if you were closer i'd do it for ya BUT too far of a drive

pon55

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its really easy! Go over to 7thgencivic.com and look in the DIY section. Go for it :thumbs up

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pon55 said:
Its really easy! Go over to 7thgencivic.com and look in the DIY section. Go for it :thumbs up
True, it is very easy. But if she breaks anything then she is responsible. If she pays someone to do it, they will have to pay to get some nice new OEM parts.

civicstylez

5+ Year Member
its really not that hard yes kinda tricky pulling out the face where the climate control is but once out its really not that hard i did it by me figueing out myself not even looking at a DIY. if you have ever done stereo work before its not hard. if you havent yea it is your best bet to have some one put it in

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
96greencivic said:
Getting an 02 HU is a HUGE pain in the ass.
Couldn't be any worse then getting the stock 6th gen's out

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
Couldn't be any worse then getting the stock 6th gen's out
Well, my 6th gen was uber easy. My gf's 7th gen was a huge pain. Luckily nothing broke.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my 7th gen was easy, my 6th gen I had to take apart almost the hole fricken dash.

02EXSILVER

I have a monkey?
5+ Year Member
Ok so I have to ask... 2002 EX have you installed it yet?

Yes it's a pain, but it's certinly do-able. I think rinning a zero ga. wire and installing a double din was harder. Just have confidance in yourself. If you need instructions, let me know. Heck I've put in three radios in, in the past year in my car. The last one's here to stay for quite a while.

PiNoY Ep3 SI

Mouse Car Driver
5+ Year Member
It isn't that hard to get the stock deck out. Start off by takin off the shifter cover just some clips that hold it in place. Under that there will be 2 screws take the screws out, and then take off the panel where the cigrette lighter is. Once that is off there will be 2 8mm screw bolts that come out, remove those then the whole radio bezel comes out.